Trieste and Miramare Castle - Express
This excursion is designed for those who have little time but want to discover the wonders and spirit of the city.
An authorized guide will wait for you to lead you to the discovery of the splendid Hapsburg Trieste with its spectacular Miramare Castle
This tour has a minimum number of 8 participants. If the minimum number is missing, the tour will be canceled or an alternative will be proposed
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit with an authorized guide equipped with a microphoning device
- Entrance ticket to Miramare Castle
- Use of disposable earphones
- This tour has a minimum number of 8 participants.
- Entry/Admission - Miramare Castle
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Piazza dell'Unita d'Italia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza dell'Unita d'Italia, 34121, Trieste Italy
Meeting near the statue of "James Joyce" on the Ponterosso Canal. Start of the walking tour: proceed along the banks to Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia, the symbol of the city which testifies to its glorious past. The walk continues along Cittavecchia - in whose narrow streets you still feel the presence of great writers such as James Joyce, Italo Svevo, and Umberto Saba. Along the way, the various cultural, social and religious aspects of the city that reached its peak during the Habsburg period will be illustrated.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Miramare Castle, Viale Miramare, 34151 Trieste TS, Italy
At the end of the walk, with a reserved car / minivan, you will continue towards the Miramare Castle. The castle overlooks the Gulf of Trieste, a few kilometers from the city. It was built by the Viennese architect Carl Junker between 1856 and 1860, on the order of Archduke Maximilian of Habsburg, brother of Emperor Franz Joseph, who wished to have a home overlooking the splendid sea and in keeping with the royal rank of his and his beloved bride Carlotta, princess of Belgium. Walking through the rich rooms of this royal residence, you can still grasp the intimate atmosphere of the private apartments where the young couple lived and you are enchanted by the picturesque views and scenarios that open between the land and the sea.
The Castle is surrounded by a large, splendid park (22 hectares), built by Maximilian of Habsburg himself who for years constantly followed its growth and development, personally choosing multiple plants during his travels around the world. Rich in suggestive views, the stretch of sea in front of the castle is WWF Marine Nature Reserve, established for the protection of flora and fauna. At the end of the visit the car / minivan awaits you to bring you back to the city center.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza del Ponterosso, Trieste TS, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Piazza Unità d'Italia, 34121 Trieste TS, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.