Trinidad Rainforest Hike to Waterfall
A two hour drive along the scenic North Coast past the villages of Maracas & Blanchisseuse will bring us to the starting point of the hike: a tiny village in the remote rainforest. This hike is easy and takes approximately 45 minutes one way. You hike along and inside a shallow river to the most amazing waterfall of approximately 65 ft, with a large plunge pool for bathing. After some relaxing time on the big rocks or a refreshing bath - with a nice head-massage from the falls - you then return to the base. Basic changing facilities are provided. You are then taken to the popular Maracas Beach for a delicious "Bake & Fish" sandwich (not included in cost) and another swim (optional).
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- After a short drive through the city of Port of Spain and suburbs we reach the scenic North Coast Road in the Northern Range. Here, admire a stunning view of the Paramin hills and lush rainforest. Upon reaching the Caribbean Sea we take a 10 minute stop at the Maracas Lookout which offers a spectacular view of the ocean. Delicious local snacks are on sale here (not inclyded in cost). A short drive brings us to t the most popular beach in Trinidad, Maracas Bay, surrounded by lush green rainforest-covered mountains and lined with coconut trees. Totally undisturbed by high rise hotels this beach has remained in it's natural, beautiful state.
Continuing past the even more peaceful Las Cuevas Bay, we drive through Blanchisseuse, a long picturesque village, before reaching our final destination: a tiny village in the rainforest (approx. 2 hours drive total). We walk through the rainforest to a small river where we cross. We then hike along a flat riverbed, admiring the natural beauty surrounding us. We then reach the amazing 65 feet waterfall with a big bathing pool. The cool atmosphere is ideal for relaxing and taking a bath in the plunge pool. Let the waterfall-spray massage your shoulders! This seems to be the picture-book waterfall that you may have already seen it in your dreams!
Upon return to base there is a basic changing facility at the car park. Our next stop is either at Las Cuevas or Maracas Bay for some more views - or even another bath if time allows. You should definitely sample the famous "Bake & Fish" in Maracas, a hot crispy fish sandwich with homemade bread. There are many different sauces from which you can choose, just beware of the very hot pepper!
After this experience we return to your hotel via the same route.
Please note that this hike is considered soft to moderate, and persons with normal walking ability would be able to do it. Some stones and large rocks in the riverbed can be slippery, however, and participants must wear shoes and be in reasonable physical condition.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at hotels in Port of Spain and environs. Any pick-up outside of Port of Spain requires an additional cost.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.