Trinidad Rainforest Hike to Waterfall
A two hour drive along the scenic North Coast past the villages of Maracas & Blanchisseuse will bring us to the starting point of the hike: a tiny village in the remote rainforest. This hike is easy and takes approximately 45 minutes one way. You hike along and inside a shallow river to the most amazing waterfall of approximately 65 ft, with a large plunge pool for bathing. After some relaxing time on the big rocks or a refreshing bath - with a nice head-massage from the falls - you then return to the base. Basic changing facilities are provided. You are then taken to the popular Maracas Beach for a delicious "Bake & Fish" sandwich (not included in cost) and another swim (optional).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Avocat Waterfall
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maracas Bay, Maracas Bay, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago
After a short drive through the city of Port of Spain and suburbs we reach the scenic North Coast Road in the Northern Range. Here, admire a stunning view of the Paramin hills and lush rainforest. Upon reaching the Caribbean Sea we take a 10 minute stop at the Maracas Lookout which offers a spectacular view of the ocean.Delicious local snacks are on sale here (not inclyded in cost). A short drive brings us to t the most popular beach in Trinidad, Maracas Bay, surrounded by lush green rainforest-covered mountains and lined with coconut trees.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Avocat Waterfall, Blanchisseuse Road, Blanchisseuse Trinidad
Continuing our drive past the even more peaceful Las Cuevas Bay, we drive through Blanchisseuse, a long picturesque village, before reaching our final destination: a tiny village in the rainforest (approx. 2 hours drive total). We walk through the rainforest to a small river where we cross. We then hike along a flat riverbed, admiring the natural beauty surrounding us. We then reach the amazing 65 feet waterfall with a big bathing pool. The cool atmosphere is ideal for relaxing and taking a bath in the plunge pool. Let the waterfall-spray massage your shoulders! This seems to be the picture-book waterfall that you may have already seen it in your dreams!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Las Cuevas Beach, Trinidad
Upon return to base there is a basic changing facility at the car park. Our next stop is either at Las Cuevas or Maracas Bay for some more views - or even another bath if time allows. You should definitely sample the famous "Bake & Fish" in Maracas, a hot crispy fish sandwich with homemade bread. There are many different sauces from which you can choose, just beware of the very hot pepper!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at hotels in Port of Spain and environs. Any pick-up outside of Port of Spain requires an additional cost.Airports
- Piarco Airport, Port of Spain Trinidad
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.