Troia walking tour: Apulian Romanesque architecture
Troia was the ancient Aece, a Roman city on the Appian-Trajan Way. The tour will take you to know the historic center with a magnificent view on the Dauni mountains and its splendid cathedral.
The tour will make you visit the heart of the town with a visit to the church of St. Vincent the Martyr, Basilica of St. Basil and St. Francis in Baroque art and major palaces such as the palace of the princes D'Avalos, Palazzo Varo and Palazzo Siliceo .
The tour ends with a visit to the cathedral dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Assumption built in the twelfth century and in the Apulian Romanesque style on a church of Byzantine origins. Certainly the most beautiful part is its rose window composed of 11 stone columns and twenty-two different decorations obtained exclusively with the technique of the fretwork, making the rose appear as a laced embroidery. The most beautiful rose window in Puglia. Also worthy of note is the bronze portal with its 2 wonderful dragon-shaped knockers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cathedral Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, Piazza Papa Giovanni XXIII, 71029 Troia FG, Italy
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Cathedral Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, Piazza Papa Giovanni XXIII, 71029 Troia FG, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.