Troia walking tour with Passionata cake tasting
Troia was the ancient Aece, a Roman city on the Appian-Trajan Way. The tour will take you to know the historic center with a magnificent view on the Dauni mountains and its splendid cathedral, one of the best in Puglia.
The tour will make you visit the heart of the town with a visit to the church of St. Vincent the Martyr, Basilica of St. Basil and St. Francis in Baroque art and major palaces such as the palace of the princes D'Avalos, Palazzo Varo and Palazzo Siliceo .
The tour ends with a visit to the cathedral dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Assumption built in the twelfth century and in the Apulian Romanesque style.
At the end of the tour tasting of the typical "Passionata" cake, a unique delicacy in Puglia created by the Casoli pastry: heart of 3 types of local ricotta of cow, sheep and buffalo covered with Apulian almonds made in different flavors.
After having savored it, you will return to Troy only to be able to taste it again
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cattedrale di Troia, Via Regina Margherita, 71029 Troia Italy
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Cathedral Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, Piazza Papa Giovanni XXIII, 71029 Troia FG, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.