True Crime Stories Walking Tour
Unsolved murders, bootleggers and colorful characters. Learn about the seedy side of Iowa's capitol city with our local guide during this history tour. Des Moines is known as a welcoming, friendly city, but there's always been a tougher side to the town as well. This downtown tour takes you past buildings that share stories about notorious crimes, famous bank robbers and national celebrities. Uncover the criminal side of town in this lively one hour tour.
Follow in the footsteps of a century old cold case involving the murder of a Des Moines police officer
Enjoy fun and lively stories of some of Des Moines' famous and infamous characters
Experience a unique history tour showcasing colorful tales from the Prohibition era
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert local history guide
- Historic photo access on mobile device
What's excluded :
- Gratuity for your guide
- Souvenirs and snacks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Des Moines, Des Moines, Iowa
A 1 hour walking tour sharing Des Moines crimes stories around downtown.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :214 4th St, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- These tours are nearly all outdoors. You will have space to observe social distancing. We will limit the group size to 8 guests unless a single group requests a larger tour experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.