Truffle Hunting in Siena
Tuscany and the Sienese area are not only famous for the production of cured meat and cheeses, but they are also the center of one of the most refined and particular flavors that mother nature has given us: the truffle.
Let yourself be guided by an experienced truffle hunter and his faithful dogs, personally trained by him, in the discovery of this very particular product. Truffle hunting, a very hard job, turns into a pleasant activity that allows to stay in close contact with nature. This “hunting” definitely requires passion, a lot of perseverance, excellent technique and also a little luck! This experience will lead you into the woods and valleys of Siena and will help you to discover how much work and dedication is hidden behind the precious truffle and its unique taste. Mario, a truffle hunter and passionate restaurateur, will show you some of the most important rules and secrets of the truffle hunting: from the care and passion for dogs, to the love and respect for nature.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 hours private tour in the language you desire
- Local translator
- Trained and trusted dogs
- Expert truffle hunter
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Dinner
- Transport. If you don't have a car, we can book on request the right vehicle for you (taxi, driver)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Siena Info Point, Piazza Il Campo 72, 53100, Siena Italy
In the woods around Siena people will find out how and where to find truffles.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :53100 Siena, Province of Siena, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only with adult
- You need a car to arrive where the truffle hunting will take place. If you don't have your own car, we can provide a transfer to/from the truffle hunting, with an extra payment
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No public transportation nearby
- Necessary footwear: trekking shoes are preferable, alternatively dressing with high sneakers or boots. No open shoes.
- Suitable clothing: long trousers, long-sleeved shirt
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.