Trujillo Combo Tour: Temple of the Dragon, Chan Chan and Huanchaco
Visit two Chimú archeological sites and the coastal village of Huanchaco on this combo tour from Trujillo with a knowledgeable guide. Start at the Temple of the Dragon (also known as the Temple of the Rainbow), an adobe pyramid that features beautiful frieze murals. Then tour the biggest ancient city in South America, former Chimú capital and a UNESCO World Heritage site, Chan Chan. Explore its plazas and learn about its history, and then finish your tour in Huanchaco to see its famous reed fishing boats. Hotel transport is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Chan Chan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chan Chan, Trujillo Peru
On the way to the mud city we will make a stop at the Temple of the Dragon, an allegory of the Rainbow and engenderer of the desert dragons. We will then visit the Archaeological Complex of Chan Chan, with an area of 18 km2 approx., the Nik-An Palace, located in the south-western part of Chan Chan touring its ceremonial plazas, shrines, water reservoirs, barns, cemeteries, among others.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Huanchaco, Huanchaco, La Libertad Region
The tour continues with a visit to the Huanchaco fishermen’s cove, famous for its totora reed boats called Totora Horses
Departure Point :Trujillo, Trujillo, La Libertad Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Tour departs from most centrally located Trujillo hotels. Please Note: This service doesn't include pick up in private residencies, example; Airbnb, Cruise port.Return point: Returns to original departure point
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We suggest arriving in Peru with antibacterial gel for personal use.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.