Trulli of Alberobello Day-Trip from Bari with Sweets Tasting
Admire Italy’s UNESCO World Heritage–listed ‘trulli’ in Alberobello on this 3-hour tour from Bari. Follow a guide through the pretty streets of Alberobello, famous for their unique ‘trulli’ — or cone-shaped houses. Learn why the houses were constructed this way, and step inside to see how they’re built. Take in top attractions such as the ‘trullo’ Church of St. Anthony, and gain insight into Alberobello’s culture and traditions. Taste almond sweet treats and ‘rosolio’ — an Italian liquor — and sample the flavors the locals love.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by minivan from Bari Station or Airport
- Certified guide on site, speaking English (other language on request)
- Liquor and sweet-tasting
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel to the UNESCO–listed town of Alberobello — famous worldwide for its cone-shaped houses, or ‘trulli’. These fascinating dry-stone constructions were originally built as shelter or housing by peasants and shepherds, and many are still lived in today.
On arrival, explore the streets of Alberobello and admire the architecture for which the town is famous. Step inside the ‘trulli’ — some renovated, others not — and listen as your guide sheds light on the region’s colorful past.
Visit a small chapel dedicated to the saints and doctors of the Rione Monti in Rome, and stroll past artisan shops where tradespeople sell their wares. Then, head up the hill to the Church of St. Anthony — also built in the local ‘trullo’ style.
During your tour, sample sweet treats made of almond paste and rosolio — a traditional Italian liquor derived from rose petals. Then, when your time in Alberobello comes to an end, return to Bari to conclude your tour.
Departure Point :Bari Centrale, 70123 Bari, Metropolitan City of Bari, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessibility - ON REQUEST
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.