Tulum and Tankah Cenotes Eco-Adventure Tour
Discover the impressive archeological ruins of Tulum, an ancient Mayan city located on the coast of the Caribbean Sea, and then get your adrenaline pumping on an eco-adventure tour of Tankah Park. You’ll explore the lush jungle, soar on a zipline above a beautiful cenote, and swim and kayak through the freshwater Cenote of Tankah. Regional buffet lunch with handmade tortillas is included in your full-day tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Roundtrip Semi-private from hotels or meeting point (depending the option selected)
- Buffet lunch, Including fresh fruit.
- Gray Line bilingual guide.
- Visit of 4 different Cenotes.
- Visit to Tankah´s Mayan village.
- Zip-line aerial adventure, Kayaking, Life jackets.
- Admission to Tulum and Tankah
What's excluded :
- Optional tram fee at Tulum
- Ground transportation to and from the pier in Cozumel
- Unspecified food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Cancún-Yucatán, local 41, Calle Robalo 30, 3, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Your adventure begins between when we pick you up at the lobby of your hotel (or meeting point) and take you to the archaeological site of Tulum.
Pass By: Tulum Archaeological Site, Carretera Federal, Cancun - Chetumal Km 230, 307, Tulum 77780 Mexico
Tulum. Here, your guide will reveal the secrets of this site and tell you about the culture, history and mystery of the great Mayan civilization. Your guide will explain the meaning of the most important sites and then allow you to explore the vestiges at your own pace.
Pass By: Cenotes Tankah, Av. Tankah, Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
After Tulum, you will head to the picturesque village of Tankah, a place surrounded by nature; you’ll be surprised by how the inhabitants of this area have preserved their essence. Here we will enter the ecological park, where you will discover four different cenotes. These deep blue natural pools are exits from a system of underground rivers, a unique feature of the Yucatan Peninsula. They are called "breathing holes", the Mayans believe they are places where the underworld unites with life on Earth.
You will be greeted with regional seasonal fruit before walking on trails to reach the cenotes, enjoying the flora and fauna of the region. Jump off the diving board or fly through the zip line, landing in the waters of the Piranha Cenote. This cenote is partially open, allowing the sun's rays to slide through the tangled branches of the forest, causing you to become a relaxing float surrounded by stalactites created over millions of years.
The third stop will be even more exciting. Cross the Naval Cenote, a large open cenote, zipline and / or canoe while relaxing and admiring the flora that surrounds it. In the visit to our last Cenote Azul, you will have the opportunity to relax in its crystal-clear waters.
We’ll go to the town of Tankah, where people who are dedicated to the care of the park live; here you’ll learn about the richness of their customs and the way of life that they inherited from their Mayan ancestors and have preserved until today.
Finally, you’ll enjoy a feast of local delicacies, including handmade tortillas, guacamole and chicken "pibil", a Yucatecan culinary delight, which is prepared by cooking it in an underground oven – an ancient technique.
Departure Point :1: Hotel Bonampak Cancun, Av. Bonampak 225 S.M. 4 Mza 9 Lts 48-51 Av. Bonampak 225 S.M. 4 Mza 9 Lts 48-51, Centro, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
2: Señor Frog's Playa del Carmen | Muelle, Plaza Marina Playacar Local 17, 37, 38 y 44, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
3: Súper Akí Tulum, Carretera Federal Tulum Ruinas s/n, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departs from most Cancun and Playa del Carmen hotels. Pick-ups are between 07:00 AM and 09:40 AM. No service pick-up for hotels at downtown: • For passengers staying at hotels located in the downtown of Cancun, the meeting point will be at the Bonampak Hotel.• For passengers staying at hotels located in the downtown of Playa del Carmen or in its surroundings, the meeting point will be at The Reef Coco Beach, The Reef Playacar or The Reef 28. • For Cozumel customers the meeting point in Playa del Carmen: Please note you must take the ferry transportation at 7:00 am, you will be picked up at 8:20 hrs at the Señor Frogs store. • Meeting point for Tulum: Super Aki - Tulum.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear lightweight clothing, comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and a hat. Remember to bring your bathing suit. All sunscreen and insect repellant must be biodegradable.
- Note: If your hotel is located in downtown Cancun, you will be picked up from a central meeting point close by. The local tour operator will provide the meeting point upon booking.
- Meeting point in Tulum: Super San Francisco de Asis - Tulum
- Meeting point for Cozumel: Playa del Carmen Pier
- For Tankah: For the safety of visitors, the use of cell phones is not allowed during activities and it is important that hands are free so accessories such as Selfie Stick or float are prohibited. Access of professional cameras and drone has an extra cost.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.