Turda Salt Mine
There, 400-feet underground, you’ll find a theme park that looks straight out of a sci-fi movie. This unique attraction includes:
a large amphitheater,
a Ferris wheel,
a bowling alley
a mini-golf course
a sport’s field
an underground lake you can explore on a paddle boat.
per adult from
1 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver
- Photo sesion by request
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Salina Turda
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salina Turda, Aleea Durgaului 7, Turda 401200 Romania
The Turda salt mine was included in an international circuit of European salt mines from the UNESCO patrimony.
The salt mine has been getting international media coverage as well. It was featured in Architectural Digest in 2016 as an example of a mine conversion into an underground amusement park. The salt mine was also featured on Business Insider in 2015, as “an incredible amusement park” and on CNN, which presented “stunning views” from the park. The underground site had another moment of international fame when Jared Leto, the lead singer of the 30 Seconds to Mars group, posted a link on Twitter about it.
The Turda salt mine is unique in the world for its cone-shaped excavation areas, which were customary at the beginning of the salt extraction activities, and also has trapeze shaped ones. The mine was opened during the Middle Ages, and it was first mentioned in a 1271 document issued by the Hungarian chancellery. From 1950 up until 1992, when the salt mine was re-opened as a tourist site, the first 500 meters of the Franz Josef transport gallery served as storage space for cheeses.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.