Turf House Horse Riding Day Tour
BAUGASEL TURF HOUSE: All day riding tour
Adventurous? Then this is the tour for you. Ride through the breathtaking mountains and valleys to a traditional Icelandic cottage, try the local delicacies and enjoy the company of your horse and the wind in your hair. If you want to tölt your horse then this tour will let you try not only tölting but potentially all 5 gaits. You will try 2-3 of our horses for the Turf house tour. Food and refreshments will be supplied.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED: Intermediate to expert riders
AVAILABILITY: Summer (April-September); Saturdays at 10:00 am
Wear long pants and close-toed shoes, ideally with a little heel; safety gear supplied by Stable Stop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - we will rest and have light refreshment before we When we arrwe to the turfhouse we will have some beverages and coffee and traditional Icelandic snacks such as homemade Icelandic flatbread and kleina
- Riding Helmet and warm clothes if needed
What's excluded :
We will ride from our farm Bægisá 12-13 km to a Icelandic Turf House in a deserted valley of Barkardalur in Northeast Iceland near Akureyri and stay there for
• StableStop, Þelamerkurvegur, Iceland
Departure Point :StableStop, Þelamerkurvegur, Iceland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.