Turnagain Arm Tour: "A Must See Destination"
Take our breathtaking ride down the Seward Highway to view awe-inspiring stops along Turnagain Arm.
On this tour you will visit highlights such as Beluga Point with panoramic views of Turnagain Arm and chances of seeing Beluga Whales and Dahl Sheep, Portage Valley with a stop at Explorer Glacier w/walk in rainforest, Turnagain Art Gallery to view life size chainsaw carvings and Potter Marsh a scenic wildlife refuge where you will walk the scenic boardwalk to view wild birds, spawning salmon and a chance at seeing moose.
Alaska’s Seward Highway climbs over mountain passes where you’re surrounded by jaw-dropping views of jagged peaks, rain forests, crystal lakes and the Pacific Ocean. This highway truly is, a photographer’s dream. Potter Marsh marks the end of city views and the beginning of wilderness—it’s absolutely a “birder’s” paradise! While driving along this road, we stop at many opportunities with ample time to take in the breathtaking views that will make your soul sing.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip tour with shared transportation
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alaska's Finest Tours & Cruises - Tours, 423 E 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501-2634
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Beluga Point, Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK 99516
Beluga Point: Popular photo stop with panoramic views of Turnagain Arm. Many are lucky, having made their “offerings to the Sheep and Whale Gods” for possible opportunities to see Dall sheep and Beluga whales passing through. It’s luck of the draw, we’ll do our best to sync you up for a once in a lifetime rendezvous with these enchanted creatures of the land and sea.
Pass By: Portage Glacier, Portage Lake Loop, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK
Portage Valley: You will see Explorer Glacier, Middle Glacier, Byron Glacier and Take a Walk through a Rainforest. Next grab a snack or meal to enjoy on your ride back to Anchorage at Portage Day Lodge.
Pass By: Turnagain Gallery, 29859 Seward Hwy We are exactly on mile marker 100 of the Seward Highway, Bird Creek, Anchorage, AK 99540-1115
Turnagain Art Gallery: Owned and operated by a master log cabin home builder Greg and Wife Wendy a local jewelry artists. Their son Jordon Anderson is a professional and competitive wood carver. He is often seen on the grounds producing life size wood carvings of local animals. The gallery is chock full of stunning sculptures, unique jewelry, deeply moving paintings and photographic prints.
Pass By: Potter Marsh, Anchorage, AK 99516, USA
Potter Marsh: With its nearly panoramic view of Turnagain arm, Potter Marsh, peppered by spruce, cottonwoods and alder trees, is one of the most accessible and scenic wildlife viewing areas in Anchorage. About halfway along the boardwalk, Rabbit Creek flows underneath and provides a good spot to see spawning chinook, Coho, or humpback salmon from May to August, depending on the species. Moose also frequent the marsh year round.
Pass By: Turnagain Arm Drive, Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK
Departure Point :Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Seats on return are on a first come first serve basis. Next vehicle one hour later.
- Not recommended for infants
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.