Turtle conservation in Costa Rica on a guided 12 day tour YaH
This tour is the ultimate in responsible travel. All of Bamboo's tours are designed around an element of positively impacting communities, individuals and wildlife. By joining a Bamboo tour you will be directly helping to better lives and leave a lasting legacy once your tour has ended.
On this tour our travellers will help with the daily conservation work to help save the country's endangered sea turtles, you may also be involved in cruising through Los Chiles Wildlife Refuge, helping out at a local animal shelter and soaking up those beautiful sun rays on the beach!
In addition to changing lives for the better, all travellers get to experience areas of Costa Rica that ordinary travellers never manage to reach. Our guides are thoroughly professional and expertly trained locals who are on hand 24/7 to ensure that you have the most memorable experience possible.
per adult from
What's included :
- Airport pick-up and transfer on arrival into San Jose (if arriving into Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) airport on the tour start date between 6am and 8pm)
- An in-depth orientation at start of project
- Full support from our expert English-speaking local guides in each country
- 11 nights' accommodation in a varying range of styles from hotel to home-stay
- All tour activities
- Heaps of meals
- Full pre-departure support from our ace travel coordinators
- A flashy 'Travel Hack' packed full of helpful advice
- Donation towards the welfare of the Turtles
- Accommodation as per itinerary
What's excluded :
- Travel and medical insurance
- Flights to/from the start point.
- Meals and drinks that are not listed in the tour itinerary
- Locations: San Jose, Pacific Coast, Monteverde, La fortuna and Manuel Antonio
Tour Length: 14 days / 13 nights
Start Day: Monday - lots of start dates still available for 2018 and well into 2021
Finish Day: The tour will end Friday in San Jose, Costa Rica
Volunteer Work: Teaching OR Turtle Conservation
Arrival Airport: Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
Departure Airport: Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
Group Size: Maximum 16
Traveling Solo?: over 70% of those on our tours start off as solo travelers
Let our experienced, local guides take you on an amazing off-the-beaten-track adventure through Costa Rica. On the way you'll give a helping hand at the Animal Rescue Centre in San Jose, get to possibly see some of Costa Ricas Turtles, and get a little local culture as well!
Just remember - Nesting season for the turtles on the Pacific Coast is commonly between the months of July and December. This is normally when the turtles come ashore to nest and lay eggs on the beach. Please remember that the turtles are wild animals and sightings are never guaranteed, even during nesting season. The projects operate year round and vital work is always being carried out to support the conservation of the animals and their environment.
Departure Point :This tour will depart from San Jose.
Departure Time :Travelers are urged to arrive in to San Jose's main international airport (code: SJO) between 6am and 8pm on day one of the tour. This will qualify you for a personal airport pick-up.
Return Detail :This tour ends in San Jose, Costa Rica, so you will need to consider your onward journey.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for solo travelers is 50 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.