Turtle Reef Kayak Tour of Makena
This fun and educational Maui kayaking tour starts at Makena Landing and paddles around the bay area. The calm, clear ocean is perfect for various water activities including swimming, snorkeling and animal watching. Float next to peaceful turtles and admire the stunning tropical underwater world. Leave all your worries behind and join this unique Hawaiian experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Beach Instructions and Safety Talk
- Guide Assisted Launch and Landings
- Quality Snorkel Equipment, PFD, and Where Required, Water Socks
- Light refreshments
- Quality Touring Kayaks - Singles and Doubles Available
- CPR and First Aid Certified Guides with Many Years Ocean Experience
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
During our kayaking and snorkeling guided activity, we will kayaking and snorkeling in inshore waters on sit on top kayaks (easy and safe!). During late Dec to mid April, we will be whale watching too! Maui Fun.
Upon checking in, we'll assign you a PFD (aka life jacket), snorkel gear and a kayak. We will then go through our beach construction / safety talk . Guide will answer any questions here too/
Our guide(s) will launch each kayak / group and we'll all meet on the water where we start the adventure. Paddle some gorgeous shoreline, feel the warmth of the Maui sun on your face,see the sea life explode when we snorkel on the warm Maui waters. Guides will share island folklore, make you laugh some, and of course be of assistance to make sure your paddle is a great one! Upon returning to the shore, guide will land kayaks, we'll collect the gear and say our Alohas till next time.
• Makena Beach, Wailea, Maui, HI
• South Pacific Kayaks, Makena Landing, Kihei, Maui, HI 97653
Departure Point :5230 Makena Alanui, Kihei, HI 96753, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Paddling distance is 2.5 miles
- The 10:30am tour is only available to guests who are 16 years and over.
- The 7:15am departure offers ideal weather conditions, more active reef life, better visibility, etc. Best Experience!
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.