Tuscan countryside bike tour and saffron tasting
Enjoy a 15 kilometer bike tour around the Tuscan countryside and discover the saffron's secrets, just a few kilometres from Florence and into Mugello, a little slice of heaven.
After a short walk into the small village of Vicchio and around its beautiful lake, begin your ride into the countryside, away from traffic. Along the way you’ll meet a Romanesque Church, a Villa from the Medicean era, and see the home of Giotto, always surrounded by nature and the typical Tuscan landscape.
Halfway through the ride, you’ll stop at a saffron farm. Meet the local farm animals, see the bee hives and vineyard, and taste some delicious saffron-flavored products (honey, cheese, biscuits, herbal tea), while the owners show you how to grow saffron.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vicchio, Vicchio, Tuscany
A short walk into the small village of Vicchio and around its beautiful lake.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: mugellove, Viale Giuseppe Mazzini 50, 50039 Vicchio Italy
Get bikes and equipment.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Chiesa di San Cassiano In Padule, Via Padule, 68, 50039 Vicchio Italy
Visit the ancient Pieve di San Cassiano in Padule, dating back to the 11th century.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Azienda Agricola Podere Rio II, Via Padule, 83, 50039 Vicchio FI, Italy
Halfway through the ride, you’ll stop at a saffron farm. Meet the local farm animals, see the bee hives and vineyard, and taste some delicious saffron-flavored products (honey, cheese, biscuits, beer, herbal tea), while the owners show you how to grow saffron.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Casa Di Giotto, Localita Vespignano Aglioni 1, 50039 Vicchio Italy
Take a look of the places where the great artist Giotto lived.
Pass By: Villa Poggio Bartoli, Località Molezzano, 45, 50039 Vicchio FI, Italy
Admire the charming country Villa Poggio Bartoli, that for centuries the villa was the country residence of Florence's most noble families in the Medici entourage, framed in one of the world's most beautiful settings.
Departure Point :Piazza Giotto, 50039 Vicchio FI, Italy
Return Detail :Mugellove Hiking Cycling Tours, Viale Giuseppe Mazzini, 50, 50039 Vicchio FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.