Tuscany Semi Private Day Tour with Wine and Cheese Tasting
Revel in Tuscany’s wine country and hilltop towns on this Semi-Private (max 6/7 people, min 2 people per van) day trip from Florence. Traveling by luxury minivan with an expert driver-escort, explore the idyllic hill-towns of Montepulciano and Pienza, learn about Pecorino Cheese in a local dairy and taste this delicious local produce. In Pienza you will also have free time for lunch. To follow visit a selected winery in the Montalcino area, where you will taste the famous Brunello di Montalcino wine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert English speaking driver-escort
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes minivan
- Min 2 people for guaranteed departures / Max 6-7 people per vehicle
- Pecorino Cheese Tasting at local dairy
- Brunello Wine Tasting in selected Winery
- Visit Montepulciano & Pienza
What's excluded :
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza della Repubblica, Piazza della Repubblica, Florence, Tuscany
The tour begins at 8am from the Piazza della Repubblica where you will meet your English speaking driver - escort.
Stop At: Piazza Grande a Montepulciano, Pazza Grande, 53045, Montepulciano Italy
From Florence, you will be driven to Montepulciano where you will have time to explore the town, its famous San Biagio Church and the Contucci cellar which boasts more than 1000 years of history.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Historic Centre of the City of Pienza, near Montepulciano Italy
Then you will be driven to a gorgeous rustic Organic Cheese Farm, just outside Pienza and overlooking the Valley and Pienza itself. Here during a tour of the farm and the dairy you’ll learn how the Pecorino cheese is made and aged and you’ll have the opportunity to taste it accompanied by a glass of wine.
Then the tour will continue to Pienza - a small town with a high artistic value. You will be given free time to wander around and here you will also have many lunch opportunities (lunch not included).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Val d'Orcia, Italy
Next, we will visit a selected winery in Montalcino wine area, home to the famous Brunello di Montalcino wine. Enjoy a tour of the winery followed by a wine tasting of three different types of Brunello. After a rewarding Day in Val D’Orcia, we’ll make our way back to Florence where we will arrive at about 6 pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza della Repubblica, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Appropriate dress is required to enter some sites - knees and shoulders must be covered
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (children who are under 36 kg/97 pounds or 150 cm/4ft 9 in,must use proper child restraints). We reserve the right to refuse infants or children if we are not notified at the time of the booking and if the car seats brought do not comply with requirements by Italian law.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.