Twilight GLOW Paddle: Paddleboard Above a Halo of Light
Just before sunset your adventure begins. After a brief lesson on land, we head into the bay to learn tips and techniques of stand up paddling. Your experience will mostly take place in a calm bay, and one of the best places on the North Shore to experience a Hawaiian sunset - and you get to do see it while you're walking on water!
This is a great chance to sight Green Hawaiian Sea Turtles as they travel back to the river. As the sun fades into the horizon, your board creates a halo of light that illuminates the ocean floor. Enjoy the peacefulness of the water during twilight and as stars begin to shine overhead. It's a perfect mix of fun and zen!
All our instructors are certified lifeguards, super friendly, and highly trained to give you an awesome experience on the water.We are Oahu's oldest running stand up paddle school - 11 years and loving it! Discover for yourself why we've received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor since 2014. We look forward to paddling with you!
per adult from
What's included :
- Stand up paddle board, paddle, and lights
- Bottled water
- Lifejackets available upon request
What's excluded :
Paddling on the water as the sun sets is an unforgettable experience as turtles head their way back up the Anahulu stream. Our location is a picturesque place to enjoy the sun setting, and there's no better place than on the water to enjoy it! And it only gets better after that! As the sun fades into the horizon, watch your board create a halo of light below you. The ocean floor lights up, creating a surreal feeling of walking on light and water. You may even see turtles and fish passing underneath! Depending on sky conditions, your experience may end with a stargaze upon the water, in one of the last remaining "dark areas" on earth. Come "wow" yourself with this nature-filled experience. START TIME: We begin 1 hour before sunset. Because the timing of sunset varies throughout the year, please contact us to confirm the time. It will begin sometime between 4:45pm and 6:15pm.
• Haleiwa Beach Park, 62-449 Kamehameha Highway, Haleiwa, Oahu, HI 96712
Departure Point :Haleiwa Beach Park War Memorial, 62-490 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We ask that paddlers and staff wear face masks as we meet at the van. However, to better ease communication, face masks will not be required during the dryland lesson or on the water. At this point, paddlers can be socially distant. If you have special concerns, we are happy to accommodate. :)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.