Two Brothers Hiking Tour Including Vidigal Favela
Enjoy a hike of the Two Brothers in Rio de Janeiro (Morro Dois Irmaos) and admire amazing views including the occupation and social contrasts of Rio.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only, excludes 'Open' option)
- Walking tour in Vidigal
What's excluded :
- Any item not listed as included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if 'Open' option is selected)
- Entrance fees ("local community transport system"
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Morro Dois Irmaos, Parque Do Penhasco Dois Irmaos, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20020-030 Brazil
The Two Brothers has 533 meters of altitude and is located between the neighborhoods of Leblon and Sao Conrado, right in the middle of Rio's coast.The Vidigal favela (Vidigal slum) is located at its base. This peaceful community emerged around 1940 and has great views of the ocean.
This is considered one of the most interesting hiking tours in the city and, from its viewpoint, you will get to understand the occupation and social contrasts of Rio de Janeiro.
The hike starts at the top of Vidigal, so you will begin the tour as an authentic local as you use the local transport system functioning inside the slum. Your guide will lead you through the forest reaching the first viewpoint, so you'll see all the greatness of the Rocinha favela. Continue to your next viewpoint and see Pedra da Gávea and Pedra Bonita, plus Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer Statue and Sugar LOaf. You'll then reach the summit of Two Brothers hill, from where you can see all the famous beaches of Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado, Barra Tijuca and the Serra dos Orgaos Region.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vidigal, Vidigal, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
The tour lasts for about 4.5 hours and the descent is on foot, turning your adventure into a favela tour inside this very nice community. Have a great time on this hiking tour to see the greatness of Rocinha slum. You'll enjoy the atmosphere of Vidigal community and the beauty of one of the most amazing views of Rio de Janeiro.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Avenida Niemeyer, Av. Niemeyer - Leblon, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 14 years
- A high amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, water, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.