Two Day Melbourne to Adelaide tour - Great Ocean Road & Grampians
Travel from Melbourne to Adelaide in 2 days, visiting some of Victoria's best natural attractions on the way.
Discover the stunning beaches along the famous Great Ocean Road. The journey is a highlight in itself, with plenty of photo stops including the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch, koala spotting and scenic lookouts.
Surround yourself with lush tree ferns in the Cape Otway rainforest before arriving at the the stunning rock formations of the Port Campbell National Park, including the Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge & Gibsons steps.
Stay overnight in the town of Halls Gap before waking up surrounded by kangaroos, ready to explore the Grampians by foot. Spend the day taking in native wildlife, dramatic rock escarpments and impressive waterfalls.
Admire the amazing panoramic views from various lookouts and descend to the bottom of the awe-inspiring MacKenzie Falls before connecting to your luxury coach transfer to Adelaide, arriving in the "City of Churches" at approx 7pm.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Pickup from selected hotels
- One nights accommodation as booked
- Transfer to Adelaide at end of tour
What's excluded :
- Meals unless otherwise stated
Day 1: Great Ocean Road & 12 Apostles
Stop At: Great Ocean Road, Great Ocean Road, Victoria
The scenic journey along the Great Ocean Road is a highlight in itself. We make plenty of scenic stops, including a photo opportunity at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch, various coastal lookouts and time to spot sleepy koalas in the trees.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
View the dramatic limestone formations and wander the boardwalks to take in the stunning views from numerous vantage points.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
Your guide will recount the legend of the Loch Ard, bringing the gorge to life in a way you never imagined. We take time to explore here, with more rock formations to see, including Gibson's Steps, the Razorback and the delightful Island Archway.`
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mait's Rest, 17km west of Apollo Bay, Apollo Bay, Victoria Australia
Surround yourself in the tranquil beauty of the Otway Ranges’ cool temperate rain forest on the walk though Mait's Rest. Marvel at the towering Mountain Ash trees and giant tree ferns.
Duration: 30 minutes
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight accommodation is in Halls Gap, located in the heart of the Grampians National Park.
Day 2: Grampians National Park and Transfer to Adelaide
Stop At: Grampians National Park, Halls Gap, Victoria 3381 Australia
Wake up surrounded by kangaroos before immersing yourself in nature with some short but energetic walks. Admire the amazing panoramic views from viewpoints such as Boroka Lookout & Reid’s Lookout.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: MacKenzie Falls, Victoria Australia
Descend to the bottom of MacKenzies Falls for a breath-taking view of Victoria’s biggest waterfall.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Adelaide, Adelaide, Greater Adelaide, South Australia
After a day well spent wandering various Grampians walking trails, connect through to Adelaide on a luxury coach, arriving to this cosmopolitan capital at approx 7pm.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout.Your pickup will be between 7am-8am depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.This tour finishes in Adelaide at approximately 7:00pm on day two.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Please limit luggage to a soft backpack or bag weighing no more than 55lbs ( 25 kg)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children of all ages are welcome on tour. To book a child simply add an additional 'adult' ticket to your booking. For example, if you wish to book 2 adults and 1 child, select 3 'adult' tickets. If you are travelling with children under 16 years, you must book a 'private' room and contact the supplier to provide the age of your child.
- Portable cots can be provided on request for infants but must be arranged prior to the date of departure directly with the tour operator. Parents must provide bedding (i.e. blankets, sheets).
- Due to the physical nature of this tour, we recommend a minimum age of 12 years but do enforce an age restriction.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- The safety & well-being of our guests and team members is Go West Tours’ highest priority. We continue to monitor all updates from the Australian & Victorian governments and will continue to update & evolve our responses & protocols in line with best practice.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.