Two days tour to Skopje and Canyon Matka from Sofia
Explore the Macedonian capital – Skopje, during your stay in Sofia and see the breathtaking oldest artificial lake in the country - Matka canyon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The tour starts from your hotel. After approximately 4 hours transfer you will reach one of the most popular outdoor destination in Macedonia. The Canyon covers an area of around 5.000 ha, located 15 km south west from Skopje. Matka – a Gorge in which complex of mediaeval building survives, including churches, monasteries and remnants of a fortress (the mediaeval town of Matka). There are dozens of caves and large number of endemic plants and animals. You can rent a boat to take you around and to see the caves. After the boat you will have lunch in to the nearby restaurant.
After you ‘’Feel the nature’’ in Matka Canyon you will continue to Skopje. This is the capital and the largest city in Macedonia. It is the country’s political, cultural, economic, and academic center. It is located on the upper course of the Vardar River, and is located on a major north-south Balkan route between Belgrade and Athens. Industrial development of the city has been accompanied by development of the trade, logistics, and banking sectors, as well as an emphasis on the fields of transportation, culture and sport. The day ends in the hotel in Skopje, where you will have time to relax.
The next day starts in the morning with walking tour of Skopje, where you will visit the statue of Tsar Samuil, ruler of the First Bulgarian Empire, the statues of Dame Gruev and Gotse Delchev, the main pedestrian street in Skopje and visit the Memorial House of Mother Teresa, the old part of the city and to the Old Bazaar to explore its stalls and Ottoman architecture. After the walking tour you will have transfer to Sofia and the tour ends in your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all hotels / address in Sofia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.