U Bein Bridge Sunset Cycling Day Tour from Mandalay
This is a great way to enjoy an afternoon: cycling through the quiet countryside and the ruins of the Court of Ava before seeing the sun set on an intriguing piece of history: U-Bein bridge.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Mandalay
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
What's excluded :
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Mandalay between 12.30pm-1.30pm depending on the timing of sunset and then drive south from Mandalay to get out of the traffic. As the sprawl lessens, we find ourselves in the dry zone where the inhabitants can sustain an agricultural livelihood thanks to ancient canals.
You will start the bike ride and take a leisurely ride through farmland and villages where locals will be pleasantly surprised to see you and call out with greetings. Along the way you will stop by the hometown of the Mayor U Bein after whom the bridge is named. Also learn more about a Muslim community that has lived here for the last two hundred years. You will have the opportunity to explore the shady paths through the ancient capital of Ava and finish our ride at U Bein Bridge.
U Bein Bridge spans 1.2 km and was reportedly built by Mayor U Bein from salvaged teak wood that was left behind in the move of the capital from Amarapura to Mandalay in 1859. Although the bridge has been repaired in the past, the pillars are still the original wood. After relaxing in the last light of the day, you will be taken back to your hotel in Mandalay arriving by 7:30pm.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Mandalay
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Dress code: Please have shoulders covered and shorts mid-thigh or longer. We will be biking through some rural villages where dress code is more conservative
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.