Uaxactun Day Tour from Flores
Learn about the Mayan culture at Uaxactun, located at the heart of the Mayan world in north-central Guatemala. Tour the archaeological site with a knowledgeable guide and discover its famous observatory, where it is believed the Mayan calendar was developed. You’ll view several architectural complexes and discover how the Mayan system of writing was perfected. Box lunch plus round-trip transport from Flores and Santa Elena Peten hotels, or Mundo Maya International Airport, is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Box lunch
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry/Admission - Ruinas de Uaxactun
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ruinas de Uaxactun, Al Norte de Tikal 23 km, Flores 17001 Guatemala
After pickup at the airport or your hotel, you’ll be driven to the archeological site for your guided tour of Uaxactun. Discover the significance behind the ruins of this ancient Mayan city, located in Guatemala’s southern lowlands, just 12 miles (20 km) north of Tikal.
Your guide will enlighten you about the site’s ongoing excavations, which were the first to establish Mayan ceramic styles from approximately 300 BC to the end of the Classic Period (around 900 AD). The artwork at Uaxactún is among the finest in the Mayan world, and a private collection of Mayan ceramics is housed in the onsite museum.
Stop At: Flores, Flores, Peten Department
Visit a number of ceremonial buildings, including Temple of the Masks, where giant stucco masks decorate a pyramid with stairways on all four sides. Representing jaguars, turtles, eagles, parrots and other animals sacred to the ancient Maya, the sculptures depict individual rulers and guardians of the region. Admire the impressive stelae carved in the four sides of the stairway, where you’ll also find original red paint.
Also known as an important astronomical site, Uaxactun boasts an observatory in Complex E—built to mark the summer and winter solstices until the city was abandoned in the 10th century. You’ll have plenty of time to explore the ruins, including the ball court, before lunch on site. After your meal, return back to Santa Elena Peten or Flores, with drop-off at your hotel or the airport in the afternoon.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.