Uffizi and Spring Blooming Medici's Villa with Delicious Typical Food Tastings
Art, History, countryside, beautiful tuscan Villas , Gardens and Food tasting....what's more to ask for ?
If you like to visit one of the world's most significant collection of art in Florence as well as enjoy Florence's beautiful surrounding hills and Villas owned in the past by the Family MEDICI don't miss this unique SMALL GROUP tour !
per adult from
What's included :
- Qualified tour guide
- Uffizi entrance tickets
- Tramway tickets
- Entry/Admission - Gallerie Degli Uffizi
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza della Signoria, 50122, Florence Italy
Your expert local guide will meet you in PIAZZA SIGNORIA the civic heart of FLORENCE, an open air museum, introducing the MEDICI FAMILY. You will have a look at PALAZZO VECCHIO and reach the near UFFIZI GALLERY.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Gallerie Degli Uffizi, Piazzale Degli Uffizi 6, 50122, Florence Italy
You will explore the UFFIZI with a SKIP THE LINE entry ticket and marvel at MASTERPIECES by MICHELANGELO, LEONARDO DA VINCI, RAPHAEL , BOTTICELLI and more. We will focus on the iconic Botticelli's "Allegory of SPRING" and "BIRTH OF VENUS" both paintings once in the Villa di Castello (one of the Villas visited later in the day)
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Florentine Neoplatonic Academy (Villa Medicea di Careggi), Via Pieraccini, 17, Florence Italy
Leaving the Uffizi you will WALK with your guide to the new TRAMWAY and in 15 minutes you will reach the north district of CAREGGI, once a country area for the richest REINASSANCE Florentine families (included the MEDICI ) to see some of the most important VILLAS AND GARDENS IN TUSCANY recently admitted as part of the UNESCO World Heritage list.
On the way we will stop for a snack: a GELATO and a TYPICAL SANDWITCH (included).
Stop At: Villa Medicea La Petraia, Via della Petraia 40, 50141, Florence Italy
We will WALK IN THE COUNTRY, outside the crowded city center, and reach the beautiful GARDEN of the VILLA DI CASTELLO.
The "GIARDINO DI CASTELLO" is the earliest example of formal ITALIAN GARDEN, commissioned by the Medici, full of rare species of plants cared using ancient cultivation techniques, historical LEMON HOUSES, the extraordinary GROTTO OF THE ANIMALS, beautiful FOUNTAINS and one of the most important and rarest collections of CITRUS FRUITS and potted CITRUS TREES in Europe started by the MEDICI.
Leaving this garden we will reach the near VILLA PETRAIA, rising in a dominant position on the slopes of MONTE MORELLO, with a SPLENDID VIEW over FLORENCE. This VILLA is considered the MODEL of the TUSCAN COUNTRY VILLA. We will admire the beautiful formal GARDEN that develops over 3 levels of terraces, we will visit the VILLA admiring the impressive pictorial cycles and the famous LUNETTES painted by GIUSTO UTENS: describing all the Medici properties represented in bird's eye views.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Piazza della Stazione, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under the age of 10 not admitted. In any case they must be used to walk
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.