Ultimate Vatican and Sistine Chapel Tour with St.Peter's Basilica Fast Access
An expert guide will take you on a journey to The Vatican City home to some of the most famous tourist destinations in the world. The Vatican museums attract millions of fervent religious supporters and interested visitors each year. Join us to see the fantastic art, history and architecture housed within the walls of this beautiful city's 7 km of galleries, chapels and rooms. Start your adventure with the main part of the tour seeing all of the very best parts of the museums, explained in detail by your professional guide. Then you will move on to the Sistine Chapel and see Michelangelo painted ceiling a project which changed the course of Western art and is regarded as one of the major artistic accomplishments of human civilization. After this you will be escorted in St. Peters Basilica the greatest piece of Baroque architecture as well as being the largest church in the world, to explore at your own leisure.
per adult from
What's included :
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- All taxes, fees and admission included
- A live expert guide
- Personal headsets
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Given the Vatican’s importance as a religious and historical destination, it’s no surprise that it is consistently brimming with tourists. Attractions like the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel regularly have long lines for entrance, and papal addresses are heard by thousands of people beneath the window of the Apostolic Palace.
Throughout history, wealthy and famous visitors have presented the Popes with some of the most important works of art in Western history. These include multiple sculpture museums with special galleries dedicated to statues, busts, and masks. Even more impressive is the collection of paintings with works by da Vinci, Bellini, Titian, and a suite of rooms dedicated to the frescoes of Raphael.
Thoroughly educated in the history of these masterpieces, our guides will take you on an intimate tour of the Vatican Museums, leading you directly to the most consequential works and offering valuable information along the way.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The Sistine Chapel has drawn admirers from around the world for over five hundred years, ever since the completion of Michelangelo’s great Sistine Chapel ceiling. The magnificent frescoes that make up Michelangelo’s famous ceiling include The Creation of Adam, an iconic depiction of a Biblical scene; only Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa matches its artistic significance. To be admired in silence, the Sistine Chapel provokes awe amongst its visitors with breath-taking art and architecture in all directions. In order to prepare you for the grandeur of the Chapel’s interior, our guides will offer a helpful history of the art inside and provide orientation to better direct your exploration.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your guide will escort you to the St. Peter's Basilica, using a special shortcut that will make you skip all the access lines for it. The tour will end in front of the largest catholic Basilica in the world, giving you the opportunity to visit yourselves all the little corners and masterpieces indicated previously by your tour guide.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Important: Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases have to be checked in the Vatican cloakrooms,located at the entrance of the museums,while your tour will end up in front of the Basilica. Only very small bags are allowed.
- NO REFUND FOR LATE ARRIVALS! EVERYONE NEEDS TO COME IN THE OFFICE, 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE DEPARTURE TIME.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- On Wednesday, due to the weekly Papal Audience, and on religious ceremony there is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica will be unavailable during which the access to St Peter's Basilica is closed.
- Most travelers can participate
- We can’t be held responsible in case of sudden closure of the Saint Peter’s Basilica or any other room inside the Vatican Museums without notice, as this is a decision of the Vatican Administration itself and we have no control over it.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.