Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs One-Way Shuttle
Travel from Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs in a deluxe coach with a professional driver who shares informative commentary about the sights you pass during the 6-hour journey. Avoid the worry and expense of flying or renting a car and leave the driving to the professionals with this one-way transfer that provides door-to-door service in a comfortable air-conditioned coach.
Bonus: have the chance to spot wildlife and view more of central Australia’s magnificent landscape, including Mount Conner (Attila) and the West MacDonnell Ranges.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- One-way transfer from Ayers Rock to Alice Springs
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your luxury coach picks you up at your Ayers Rock hotel early in the afternoon. Meet your driver and get comfortable in the air-conditioned coach, which provides spacious seats and ample luggage storage.
Travel east from Yulara via Curtin Springs, an enormous family-owned cattle station that has been in operation for more than 60 years. Look into the distance to see the bulky form of Mount Conner (Attila) as your coach continues east to Erldunda. Stretch your legs during a rest stop at Mount Ebenezer Road House. You can also browse artworks made by local artists from the Imanpa (Aboriginal) community and purchase tea or other refreshments.
Then connect to the famous Stuart Highway, the principal north-south route through central Australia, and ride along a 124-mile (200-km) section of this key road to reach Alice Springs. View the impressive West MacDonnell Ranges, another example of this area's intriguing geological evolution. This 500-million-year-old mass of twisted quartzite stands as one of Central Australia's most dominant land forms, and is riddled with deep gorges and chasms.
Listen to informative and entertaining commentary provided by your driver as you travel through striking Outback landscapes. Learn about the geological history of the region, Australian desert flora and fauna, and some of the traditional customs and beliefs of the Aboriginal people who have inhabited this area for more than 20,000 years.
View groves of desert oaks, many of which are many hundreds of years old. These resilient trees survive in the harsh climate by sinking tap roots deep into the earth and remaining dormant until water is found.
You may be able to watch an onboard video about Australian wildlife. You can also keep an eye out for critters in the desert as you travel.
Please note: You may transfer coaches at the Kings Canyon junction before continuing to Alice Springs.
Departure Point :
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call AAT Kings on 1300 228 546. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call AAT Kings at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, AAT Kings does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone AAT Kings to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Alice Springs NT, Australia - Tour drops off at select Alice Springs Hotels. Talk to your Driver Guide on the day to arrange a suitable drop off
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- All passengers with limited mobility will require a companion to assist with boarding and alighting from the touring vehicle. Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase (20kg) and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Please note: This one-way transfer does NOT pick up from the Airport
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.