Uncharted Escapes: Crete White Mountains Safari Including Lunch
Combine a unique guided Jeep tour in White Mountains of Crete with panoramic views, traditional Cretan villages, learn the history and the traditions of the Island, and find out all about the lifestyle of a Cretan shepherd by exploring an original shepherd’s hut. Enjoy the unique view of Chania from above 1350m and meet the wildlife of Crete by the help of our 4x4 Jeeps, driven by expert English speaking escorts.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by all-terrain vehicle with local driver-guide
- Lunch with wine
- Local taxes and insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Infants are not allowed
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: White Mountains (Lefka Ori), Sfakia, Crete Greece
Our amazing off-road adventure starts after crossing the valley full of orange trees, avocado’s and vegetables gardens. Climbing up the foot of White Mountains and passing through Cretan villages getting the feeling of mountainous Crete we arrive in our coffee stop to enjoy our morning break. Coffee or mountain tea will be offered for free to our guests enjoying the village life far away from mass tourism. Continuing our tour following the off road route up to the shepherd’s hut “Mitato” far away from touristic areas, where only a 4 wheel driver can approach, you will enjoy the magnificent panoramic view of northern Crete and, If we are lucky ... eagles and wild goats will show up and give us a very good reason for some extra photo stops.
A small rocky road will lead us up to our trip’s highest point 1350 meters in altitude in the heart of White Mountains of Crete, where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd, where the famous Cretan “Graviera” cheese was produced and explore an original Shepherd's hut "Mitato".
On our way back we will enjoy the best panoramic view of Chania from above until we arrive at Therisso village and working up an appetite we visit a small traditional family Cretan tavern where we will be welcomed by the owner, to introduce us to Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality.
After our lunch break we will follow the road through the amazing gorge of Therisso that will lead us to the city of Chania
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your centrally located hotel in Chania or Kalyves.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring sun screen and your camera
- Maximum capacity for each vehicle of 8 adults
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Child seats are available; please request them at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks are required inside vechicles and in other ares where specified on spot
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.