Uncomfortable Oxford - Online Tour
This digital tour transports you to the streets of Oxford from the comfort and safety of your own home.
The lovely stone of Oxford colleges come alive in this online experience as you are led by one of our student guides through an interactive map of the city. Each 'stop' will raise conversations about Oxford's imperial history, slave wealth, diversity, and historical memory. Participants will be asked to view the landscape of the city with a critical eye, while learning many of the hidden histories that lie beneath its cobblestones.
Stable internet connection required. The tour will require Zoom.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Oxford University Student Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: University of Oxford, University Offices 1 Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD England
The tour takes you through many university sites to discuss the controversial and uncomfortable aspects of its history. We walk past the statue of Cecil Rhodes, the Radcliffe Camera, the Codrington Library, Sheldonian theatre, Balliol College, Oxford Union, and finish in Bonn Square.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Radcliffe Camera, Radcliffe Sq, Oxford OX1 3BG, UK
Departure Time :1/16/2020 - 10/19/2021
Saturday: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Return Detail :Bonn Square, Oxford OX1 1LQ, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- This tour is all online - no need to break your social isolation!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.