Underground Palaces of Moscow Metro and Arbat Street Private Tour
Enjoy the buzz of shopping on the Arbat Street and travelling on the metro. The Moscow Metro is one of the largest in the world, spanning over 185 miles in length. It is also one of the most historic and artistic opening in 1935 and covered with socialist realist art. Not only ride this fantastic underground experience but stroll along the Arbat, Moscow’s most charming and lively street. As the old bohemian quarter, it is crammed full with cafes and vibrant artistic stalls and independent shops selling traditional gifts, canvases and trinkets with street performers dotted along the busy street. There are all sorts of foods and snacks to try along the way in the many different restaurants, including French and Lebanese food and a genuine 1950s American Diner. Documented as far back a 1493 in the city’s chronicles, it is a prominent part of Russian history. Don’t miss out on the authentic culture and history of such a vibrant, exciting street at the heart of Russian life.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pick up from centrally-located hotel by tour guide
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Metro tour
- Metro tickets
- Walking tour of Arbat Street
- Entry/Admission - Moscow Metro
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moscow Metro, Moscow Russia
You will be met at your centrally located hotel by one of our knowledgeable guides, who will first take you on a fascinating guided metro tour to explore the opulent metro of Moscow. After the metro tour is finished, the guide will bring you to famous Arbat street.
If you wonder why the Moscow metro is considered one the most beautiful in the world, this tour is made for you! It constitutes a vast museum of real underground palaces with impressive interiors, statues and reliefs, monumental and decorative compositions (paintings, mosaics, stained glass and painting) and numerous labyrinths. During our guided tour we will visit the most remarkable stations like Komsomolskaya, Kurskaya, Kievskaya and others, with the experienced guide who will bring you a full insight into their fascinating history.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Old Arbat (Stary Arbat), Arbat Ulitsa Arbatskaya Metro, Moscow Russia
Arbat Street is one of the oldest surviving streets in Moscow. Originally, the street was a part of an important trade route and was home to a large number of craftsmen. In the 18th century, Arbat became one of the most prestigious living areas in Moscow and then a place for the intelligentsia and artists to live. During the USSR, it was a place where young people held meetings and protests. The street nowadays reflects this eventful history as it features elegant buildings, a museum in the house of famous Russian poet Pushkin, a lot of nice shops, cafés and restaurants, an entire wall dedicated to the pioneers of Russian rock and the impressive building of the Foreign Affairs Ministry. You must absolutely have a walk in this one kilometre long bustling and vivid street in the very heart of Moscow.
The guided tour will finish on Arbat Street, where you can spend the rest of your day, shopping or exploring restaurants and surroundings. If you are hungry and would like to have some rest - use the advice of your knowledgeable guide about the best places to eat.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Moscow, Russia
Return Detail :Arbat Street, Arbat St, Moskva, Russia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.