Underground Rome Capuchins' Crypt & San Clemente Basilica Tour w Hotel Pick-up
Immerse yourselves in the underground crypts of Rome on this private 3-hour guided tour. You will experience the Basilica of San Clemente, the Crypt of the Capuchins and much more besides. You will be transported from place to place by your guide, and you will discover the appearance that these places would have had in the past.
You will be picked up from your accomodation within the city center of Roma so please provide accurate address.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Museum and Crypt of Capuchins
- Entry/Admission - Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of San Clemente
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Barberini, Junction of Via del Tritone Via Veneto, Via Quattro Fontane, Via Barberini, Rome Italy
our guide will be waiting for you in Piazza Barberini, and will then lead you on a journey
through Rome's underworld on a private 3-hour tour. You will pack in as many
temples, residences and graveyards as possible in your half-day adventure.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Museum and Crypt of Capuchins, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
Your tour will commence at the 17th century Triton Fountain in Piazza Barberini, and you will then visit the Church of Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini and the Capuchin Crypt. In this eerie chamber you will be able to ponder the bones of nearly 4,000 monks, and there is also a museum on the site which will be well worth your attention.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
The atmosphere remains somewhat creepy as you enter one of the Roman catacombs, layered underground cemeteries surrouding the city walls. They are embellished by unique hand-carved memorials and constitute a veritable treasure chest of early Christian murals and sculptures.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Basilica of San Clemente, Via Labicana 95, 00184 Rome Italy
You will then move to the area of San Clemente (by metro): an amazing basilica where you will discover three layers of history since the first century A.D.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travellers in all the hotels within the city center
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.