Underground Walking Tour in Edinburgh
Visit the infamous hidden vaults beneath the South Bridge in Edinburgh Old Town. Hear tales of how the poor and unfortunate lived in these former slums. Explore these dimly lit vaults by candlelight, once the haunt of criminals, body snatchers and witches alike!
Each vault has stories of crime, disease, death and lots more... with which your guide shall enlighten you in all the gory details! You will see a genuine witchcraft temple, recently used by a Wiccan coven and you will enter their former temple. Join us to learn why it is no longer safe for them to practice their craft in that vault.
DARE you step inside the infamous stone circle?
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- The infamous vaults hidden under the South Bridge in Edinburgh Old Town fill the nineteen stone arches of this underground architectural wonder. Join our knowledgeable guide to hear why the vaults were built and why they were eventually abandoned...
Hear tales of how the homeless and destitute community of Edinburgh sought refuge in these former slums. What was it really like to live in the darkness? Who were the criminals that stalked the vaults and what did they want? Explore the candlelit Niddry's Wynd, forgotten on today's maps, with your costumed guide.
The tour commences at the Tron Kirk on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh Old Town. Learn what the town was like in the 1700s, what diseases were feared by the overcrowded population, and what happened to the household waste? You will see a genuine witchcraft temple, recently used by the “Source Coven of the Blue Dragon” and you will enter their former temple. You are advised to listen to the guide carefully BEFORE making a decision to step inside the haunted stone circle!
Finally we invite you to experience the eerie atmosphere of the Haunted Vault itself, home to the majority of our many reported sightings... will you be brave enough to enter?
Photographs are recommended, you may even discover something ghostly on them! Please do get in touch with us after the tour to share your experiences with us...
Departure Point :Bank of Scotland, 300 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PH, UK
Return Detail :45 Niddry St, Edinburgh EH1 1LG, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- not suitable for children under 5 years of age
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Indoor sections of the tour are 1 metre physical distancing areas. Whilst the Edinburgh City area is at protected Level 3, we can only accept bookings from those residing in the Edinburgh City area until we drop down to protected level 2.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.