Undiscovered Cappadocia Tour by Cappadocian Guide
This is the best tour if you would like to learn how the Armenian, Christians, Pagans, Shamans and Muslim have lived together in peace.
You will also get chance to not only see, feel real Cappadocia with its real life, hospitality, untouched etc...
per adult from
6 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Ortahisar Kalesi
- Entry/Admission - Keslik Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Taşkınpaşa Cami
- Entry/Admission - Soganli Valley
- Entry/Admission - Kaymakli Underground City
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Beverages
- Tips to Driver & Guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ortahisar Kalesi, Ortahisar Turkey
The magnificent rock formation of Ortahisar Castle which has been used as a one of three watchtowers in Cappadocia, First human life goes back to 8,000 B.C. , Most of the Cave Houses connected by underground tunnels to the Castle. We will also get chance to take pictures of Monumental Tombs from Early Roman Period .
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Gomeda Vadisi, Mustafapasa Yolu, Mustafapasa, Urgup 50400 Turkey
Mustafapaşa is famous for its old Greek houses which date back to the end of the 18th century. The houses display fine examples of stonework and timberwork that the greeks were masters at producing. Sinasos is also famous with an Ottoman Medrese (University) and monumental gate of it. Sinasos is the best place to lean how the Christians and Muslims have livedin peace at houses side by side.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Keslik Monastery, Urgup Turkey
After our visit to Mustafapaşa we drive to Keşlik Monastery. We walk approximately 500 meters in one of untouched valley to arrive monastery, when we arrive in one of the largest cave monastery in the region you will be amazed waht you will fund there. We visit the Archangel Church and St. Stefanos Church, Baptism pool, The largest dinning room and the Refectory, other complexes used by monks.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Taşkınpaşa Cami, 50400 Taşkınpaşa/Ürgüp/Nevşehir, Turkey
Next destination is Cemil, one of Old Armenian Willage where we will get idea about Local Armenian Houses and we will also visit most famous Armenian church in Cappadocia which is abandoned at 1924. We will keep track of Armanian Culture of the Cappadocia Region.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sobesos Ancient City, 1 mile from Sahinefendi, Urgup Turkey
Sobesos, famous withs its Roman ruins and ground mosaics. Like a most of the Ancient Settlement that discovered in Anatolia, its also discovered with an accident at 2004 and the Excavations still in progress. Sobesos is an ancient Roman Settlement founded by Roman Traders in the first century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Soganli Valley, 40Km Southeast of Urgup, and 25Km to the East of Derinkuyu, Kayseri 38800 Turkey
After Sobesos we drive to Soganli Valley. Break for Lunch; taste organic vegitals, honey, home made cheese and butter, cappadocian style cooked lamb …
Next to Lunch, we walk approximately 2 km in the valley and visit conical rock formation graves from Roman period , later Byzantines transformed them into churches like Dommed Church, Hidden Church and best picture points of the largest canyon of the region. Soganli Valley was the most important organic fertilizer trading center with its Pigeon Houses until 1980s.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kaymakli Underground City, Derinkuyu Turkey
One the cultural highlights of the Cappadocia region is the abudance of Subterranean settlements commonly referred to as ‘Underground Cities”. Because the region had been subjected to frequent raids. Kaymakli Underground City is one of the best planned and preserved underground city of the region.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pigeon Valley, Uchisar KasabasI Nevşehir Kapadokya, Goreme 50240 Turkey
As the day comes to a close we will visit Pigeon Valley where you will gain a birds eye view of Cappadocia, Big Blue eyes trees which is very famous on Instagram , 3-4 floor pigeon houses and importantly why they are so prolific and the value and purpose they have served the inhabitants of Cappadocia to this very day.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be more than happy to pick you up from any hotel in Cappadocia and at the end of the tour happy to drop you back to your hotel with out any extra charge!We can also meet you at Kayseri or Nevsehir Airports with resonable extra charge, please contact us if you like to start or end your tour at the airport !
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/29/2019 - 11/10/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.