Undiscovered Charleston: 1/2 Day Food, Wine & History Tour with Cooking Class
Charleston's only chef led historic walking tour, cooking demonstration and lunch! Our experience begins with a 90 minute food history walking tour in the historic district, followed by a cooking demonstration, lunch & paired wine tasting at the popular local's spot Bistro a Vin. It's led by Charleston's only South Carolina Chef Ambassador & Palmetto Guild Certified tour guide, Forrest Parker. Leading the teams at some of Charleston's most iconic restaurants, Parker has been called a "visionary who calls upon the culture, history & flavor traditions of South Carolina to create heritage-infused experiences." Parker was recognized by then Governor Nikki Haley as a S.C. Chef Ambassador in 2016, a capstone for a culinary career that began in 1995.
Chef Forrest invites you to take the path less traveled; to see, touch, sip and taste the Undiscovered Charleston!
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Chef Forrest will demonstrate how to prepare three of his recipes with heritage Lowcountry ingredients then serve you lunch with carefully curated wine pairings from Bistro a Vin.
- Cooking Demonstration by Chef Forrest Parker
- Alcoholic Beverages - Bistro Au Vin provides wine tasting pours paired with Chef Forrest's recipes. (Additional wine available for purchase on consumption.)
- Coffee and/or Tea - For those who do not wish to have wine, Charleston sweet tea and filtered water will be available.
- Each guest will leave with copies of Chef Forrest's recipes.
- Entry/Admission - Joe Riley Waterfront Park
What's excluded :
- Gratuity not included.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Joe Riley Waterfront Park, Concord Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2129
Charleston's acclaimed Chef Forrest Parker guides you along an undiscovered path where food and history meet on in historic Charleston, distilling 400 years into a walking tour experience culminating with a cooking demonstration and three course tasting of the iconic flavors of the South Carolina Lowcountry. Chef Forrest leads you on a 90 minute walking tour unlike any other in the city, as the only certified chef tour guide, exploring the complicated history of the Holy City and the culinary influences that shaped Charleston into one of the world's top food destinations. You'll visit the not-to be missed sights, but also the lesser known and understood locations where, for example, an enslaved chef created a recipe that still helps define local menus. The tour concludes at a cozy bistro where you relax while Chef Forrest demonstrates how to prepare the recipes he wrote interpreting definitive Lowcountry classics, and prepared using techniques he mastered over two decades. You'll enjoy a lunch with each of those courses carefully paired with wine, and then take his recipes home with you as our gift to you.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1 Vendue Range, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :40 Archdale St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Guests must be 21 or older, with the exception of older teenagers accompanying parents
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Enjoy peace of mind when booking your Undiscovered Charleston experience; we cap at just 10 guests! Chef is masked & gloved to eliminate contact. Guests are distanced, & by booking, acknowledge they have been Covid-free for 14 days & will abide by City of CHS guidelines, incl. masks & distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.