UNESCO World Heritage-listed Church of Peace Day Tour from Wroclaw
This full day tour from Wroclaw gives you a great oportunity to visit the most outstanding atraction of Lower Silesia - UNESCO World Heritage-listed Church of Peace in Swidnica. Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, travelling by comfortable minivan/coach you can spend a great day out finding out about the fascinating history of the province admiring as well spectacular countryside. It is a perfect offer for those who like to combine guide tours of heritage and culture with spending some time close to the nature.
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Krzyżowa Foundation for Mutual Understanding in Europe
- Entry/Admission - Church of Peace, Swidnica (Kosciol Pokoju w Swidnicy)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sleza Mountain, Sleza Landscape Park, Sobotka 55-050 Poland
The scenic route takes you from Wrocław to the city of Sobotka on the footsteps of the mount Sleza, definitely one of the unique, mystical and mysterious places in Poland. The ridge emerges from monotonous Silesian lowlands to the height of 718 m, which makes it dominant part of landscape for the whole province. After a short look on picturesque Market Square have a break in the mountain cottage and hear the fascinating history about different heathen tribes that lived in the area since the Bronze age. Admire the ancient stone sculptures representing religious symbols, whose meaning are still discussed by the archaeologist.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Krzyżowa Foundation for Mutual Understanding in Europe, Krzyżowa 7, 58-112 Grodziszcze, Poland
Then continue to the village of Krzyzowa (former Kreisau), today an seat of important foundation for Mutual Understanding in Europe. Find out about the - the Polish - German Reconciliation Mass celebrated on 12 November 1989 attended by the heads of the Polish and the German government, Tadeusz Mazowiecki and Helmut Kohl, which was a symbolic end of the cold war and the beginning of a new chapter in the relation between two nations.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Cathedral of St. Stanislaus and St. Vaclav, ul. Plac Jana Pawla II, Swidnica Poland
Then arrive at Swidnica to admire the enchanting city with its impresive cathedral and picturesque market square having some free time for lunch or individual exploration.
Stop At: Town Hall, Swidnica (Ratusz w Swidnicy), ul. Wewnetrzna 2, Swidnica 58-100 Poland
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Church of Peace, Swidnica (Kosciol Pokoju w Swidnicy), pl. Pokoju 6, Swidnica 58-100 Poland
Finally pay the visit to the marvelous Church of Peace, the largest wooden church in Europe. Built in the XVII century, during the Hapsburg rule and is an impressive and remarkable example of religious conflict dividing Europe centuries ago. Erected under very strict conditions represent a immense historic and artistic value, rightly earning its place on the UNESCO World Heritage list. After the visit take a relaxing ride back to Wroclaw.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Kazimierza Wielkiego 19A, 50-043 Wrocław, Poland
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.