Unforgettable Petrópolis imperial city historical day trip
Turn back time in this deliciously historical tour of Petrópilis, allied to the architectural beauty of this amazing city! This is the perfect tour for your second day of stay in Rio. Visit the astonishinly beautiful Imperial city, the summer retreat of the Brazilian emperor Dom Pedro II, built by germans and enjoy the most pleasant day in this magical place and its best attractions with your extremely knowledgeable licensed guide and history expert!
Available from Tuesday to Sunday only.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional historical guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- National/international airport pick-up and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Quitandinha Palace Congress and Convention Center
- Entry/Admission - Imperial Museum
- Entry/Admission - Restaurante Paladar
- Entry/Admission - Museu Casa de Santos Dumont
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Copacabana Beach, Av. Atlantica - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22070-011 Brazil
The drive from Rio to Petrópolis is amazing on its own. After your 8 am morning pick-up, sit back and enjoy the hilly side of the state of Rio as your day trip begins, while your historical expert tour guide will begin to tell you the amazing stories about our Brazilian history and the construction of Petrópolis, our beautiful imperial city.
Stop At: Quitandinha Palace Congress and Convention Center, Avenida Estados Unidos 2, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25651-050 Brazil
Visit the interesting Quitandinha hotel, that used to be a very famous cassino in the 1940´s and be amused by its many interesting stories...
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Imperial Museum, Rua da Imperatriz 220 Centro, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25610-320 Brazil
Travel in time with the richness of the Imperial Palace Museum and its many stories, personally guided by our excellent expert guide...
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Crystal Palace, Rua Alfredo Pacha S/N 0, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-210 Brazil
Be amazed by the lovely and exotic Crystal Palace, which was a gift to Princess Isabel
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Restaurante Paladar, Praca Liberdade 229 - Valparaíso, Petrópolis - RJ, 25685-050, Brazil
Have lunch in a local restaurant and learn more about the typical Brazilian cuisine,
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catedral de Sao Pedro de Alcantara, Rua Sao Pedro Alcantara 60, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-300 Brazil
Fall in love by the Neogothic architecture of St. Peter of Alcantara Cathedral...
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Museu de Cera de Petropolis, Rua Barao de Amazonas 35 Centro, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-070 Brazil
The only wax museum in Rio!
Stop At: Fabrica de Chocolates Patrone, Rua Coronel Veiga 157 1321/1349 - Centro, Petropolis - Rj 25655, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25655-151 Brazil
Quick stop for some delicious chocolates!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Museu Casa de Santos Dumont, Rua do Encanto, 22 _ Centro Próximo ao Relógio das Flores, Petropolis, State of Rio de Janeiro 25685-081 Brazil
Learn about the Brazilian hero Santos Dummont, inventor and aviation pioneer, visiting his pretty and unique summer house,
This fantastic tour ends leaving you feeling renovated and enriched with Brazilian history and knowledge!
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Cervejaria Bohemia, R. Alfredo Pachá, 166 - Centro, Petrópolis - RJ, 25685-210, Brazil
This beer factory can be customized for those who wish.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We put up at all hotels in RioNational and international airport. Directions: • Your guide will have your name on a sign at the port or airport near the main gate. • Your guide will wait for you in the hotel lobby.Ports
- Porto Maravilha
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Available from Tuesday to Sunday only!
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Weather tends to be colder/chilly: please take coats.
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.