Unique Daily Live Fado Show in Portugal
It's much more than just listening to live Fado. It's an opportunity to really get to know this living cultural heritage, so precious to the Portuguese people.
The Fado na Baixa small and intimate auditorium was built specifically for a truthful and premium acoustic Fado experience. It holds simultaneous translation technology which allows the live show to contain some multimedia content translated in English and French.
Don't miss the surprise for all our customers in the end of the show: passion or tradition?...
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Port wine tasting
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Fado na Baixa
What's excluded :
- Visit: Fado na Baixa, Rua de Sao Joao 99, Porto 4050-553 Portugal
The show “Mine. Unique. Fado.” aims to let the audience get really intimate with Fado.
Emblematic Fado themes are played live, along with segments of a short documentary, translated in English and French, which revisits, through testimonies of figures tightly associated with this musical genre, some of the key moments in the history of Fado, designated, in 2011, Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
The experience begins with Traditional Fado, the Fado of hoarse voices and careless language, diminished by the country’s aristocracy at the time. Then it explores the mysteries and evolution of the Portuguese Guitar, the faithful companion of all Fado singers. It also passes by Coimbra, the eternal city of students, which, swarming with passion and culture, witnesses the birth of its very own song, that, by the end of the 19th century, would be called Fado de Coimbra. The fourth segment of the show is dedicated to Amália Rodrigues, who brings new poets and gives Fado an unmistakable character and an unprecedented recognition across borders. We finally arrive to the present day and to the fusion of Fado with new contexts, people, musical styles and audiences.
The show takes advantage of the simultaneous translation technology installed in the Fado na Baixa auditorium, which allows visitors to listen to multimedia content in Portuguese, English or French. Other languages will follow soon.
Departure Point :Fado na Baixa, Rua de Sao Joao 99, Porto 4050-553 Portugal
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Customers' temporal temperature is checked at the entrance. Customers with cold symptoms or fever (above 37,4ºC) will not be allowed to attend the show. A full refund will be issued.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Measure are taken according to the Portuguese Governmental Health Authorities. As a part of these guidelines, our artists will not use masks during the live performance, as they maintain a minimum of 3 meter distance from the audience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.