Unknown Gaudi, Tapas & Cava Winery from Barcelona (Private Tour Optional)
This is a late start half day tour. It offers both a late departure and an early arrival to the city, providing with plenty of time for a good breakfast and also spare time for more sightseeing in the evening. Join our English-led reduced groups for a really local experience!
Barcelona’s surroundings are filled with landmarks and wine country to dive in. Following our "history and wine" formula, during this 6-hour long tour you will learn about the Catalan Modernism and enjoy the off-the-beaten-track Gaudí. We will take you to Colònia Güell, where you will be able to discover Gaudi's Crypt, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2005 and granted with the Biosphere Responsible Tourism certification.
This jewel of Catalan Art Nouveau sits unexplored at the gates of one of the most famous Spanish wine making territories: DO Penedès, the land of cava, our sparkling wines! Let us take you to a boutique local winery for some tapas and award winning cavas to top a great day off!
per adult from
What's included :
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Guided visit to Colònia Güell and Gaudí’s Crypt (around 1 hour 45 min)
- Cava glass and snack in Colònia Güell’s premises
- Guided visit to a family run, traditional Catalan cava winery
- Traditional tapas meal included with cava tasting
- Tasting of three local cavas
- Entry/Admission - Colonia Guell Gaudi Crypt
- Entry/Admission - Finca Ca n'Estella
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castlexperience - Wine Tours, St. Montsio 10 Rusc de Turisme, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Experiencing food and wine of a country is a great way to discover its culture! This is our motto, and we fulfill it by blending the best historical landmarks out of Barcelona with the most local and boutique wineries around, for you to get the best of Barcelona country!
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Colonia Guell Gaudi Crypt, Claudi Guell, 6, 08690 Santa Coloma de Cervello Spain
Colònia Güell was built right at the beginning of the 20th century by the main promoter that Gaudí ever had, the Count Eusebi Güell. He planned an industrial textile colony, and hired the best architects of the Catalan Modernist movement to fill it with the trendiest buildings of the time. The crown jewel: a church, ordered to the famous Antoni Gaudí. As it happened to him quite often, he never got to finish it. He built the crypt, though, a master piece of Modernism that not many get to know. Explore the off-the-beaten-track Gaudí!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Finca Ca n'Estella, Masia Ca n'Estella, s/n, 08635 Sant Esteve Sesrovires Spain
Beautifully crafted sparkling wines and local food await in Ca n’Estella cava winery to captivate your senses while you learn about the region and the fascinating history of the family who runs the cellar. A beautiful 18th century masia (the traditional Catalan country house) presides the estate of this small winery, where they are indeed proud to be small.
The winery is currently managed by Anna Vidal, the 3rd generation in this winemaker family to own the estate. It will be on the gorgeous veranda of her very own family house that you will be served traditional cuisine in the shape of local hot and cold tapas, paired with their top quality cava.
The winery’s Rabetllat i Vidal cavas and Clot dels Oms wines produced at this cellar have been granted more than a hundred awards in very prestigious national and international competitions, including the Best Chardonnay of the World (Chardonnay du Monde) for its 2011 Gran Clot dels Oms Chardonnay.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hard Rock Cafe, Plaça de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is a limit of 16 people per guide, although transportation will be shared with other groups
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify the order of the sites visited if considered necessary
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved
- Temperatures in the wineries tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking
- If you have any special dietary requirements, please inform us upon booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- We work daily with different low-production, family-owned boutique wineries. Due to logistic reasons, you might visit another cellar instead of Ca n'Estella.
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company is composed of a deeply committed team of people. We are working hard in our team, and with all our partners, to be up to the current circumstances. When operating, all Castlexperience Wine Tours services will abide by all health and security policies issued by the competent administrations. Our top priority is and will be ensuring a safe environment for all our customers and our team.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- *Customers with a temperature above 37ºC will not be allowed to join the tour. In this case, the amount paid for the tour will be refunded.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.