Unmissable Experiences in Twante
Artisan traditions preserved and delivering authentic handicraft held in the highest regard, Twante is much more than a local exploration. Worlds away from Yangon’s city life, a town drenched in authenticity and Buddhism delivers a breath of fresh air.
• Witness the ancient home industries of Twante
• Admire the magnificent Shwe San Daw Pagoda from up-close
• Journey from Yangon to Twante by local transport
• Watch how rural life unfolds around every new bend
• Lunch is included at a local restaurant.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Boat ride from Yangon
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Shwesandaw Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips, gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement
- Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers To/from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Twante Township, တွံတေး, Myanmar (Burma)
Early morning, our guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel and drive to a local boat jetty for the journey by ferry to the small town of Twante (15 minutes by local ferry followed by a 25- kilometres drive by local transportation). The journey in itself is an adventure and affords an excellent opportunity to witness life in the delta and one of the main reasons one should add Twante to their itinerary. We start our journey to see what Twante is well-known for; experience in the rural way of life and visit a traditional pottery workshop where the methods have remained the same for generations. You will see how these are made while wandering through this small town.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Shwesandaw Pagoda, Bagan Myanmar
After lunch at a local restaurant, we head to one of the main reasons why Twante is just a destination in its own right. The auspicious name of Shwe San Daw (“Golden Hair Relic”) shares its name with several other pagodas across Myanmar all said to contain hairs of the Buddha, yet the Twante version is one of the lesser-known ones. With a design similar to that of Shwedagon pagoda in Yangon, the 75-metre high the Shwe San Daw Pagoda has taken a more subdued on-the-background position for Buddhist worshippers.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Yangon Yangon, 339 Bo Gyoke Aung San Road, Yangon (Rangoon) 11182 Myanmar
Before returning back to the ‘big city’, an in-depth look in locally revered Buddha images inside this small village, this complements an interesting day in Twante. Our day comes to an end, and we return to Yangon in the same way as we arrived while passing idyllic villages, rice paddy fields and the lush river landscape. If we are lucky, you will glide past fishers in little wooden boats hauling in nets on land, small villages where kids spill out from thatched huts to play, and larger cargo boats steaming towards Yangon. Ideal photo moments for every avid photographer!
Arrival in Yangon will be in the afternoon.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Yangon’s central business district hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Yangon’s central business district. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, cruise ports and Yangon’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion
- We always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- Certain sights in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.