Upper Mustang Trek
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Visit Landmarks of Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara via tourist bus: 7 hours drive.
Day 04: Flight to Jomsom (2720m) from Pokhara & trek to Kagbeni: 20 minutes flight plus 3 hours trek.
Day 05: Trek from Kagbeni to Chele (3100m).
Day 06: Trek from Chele to Syangboche (3800m).
Day 07: Trek from Syangboche to Ghami (3510m).
Day 08: Trek from Ghami to Tsarang (3560m): 5 hours.
Day 09: Trek from Tsarang to Lo-Manthang (3840m): 5 hours.
Day 10: Explore Lo-Manthang/Acclimatization day
Day 11: Lo-Manthang to Yara (3671m): Approx. 6.5 hours
Day 12: Yara to Tangge (3240m): Approx. 6 hours.
Day 13: Hike down from Tangge to Chhusang (2980m): Approx. 6 hours.
Day 14: Trek from Chhusang to Ekle Bhatti (2740m).
Day 15: Walk from Ekle Bhatti to Jomsom (2720m): Approx. 3 hours.
Day 16: Jomsom to Pokhara flight: About 20 minutes.
Day 17: Drive to Kathmandu by Tourist bus.
Day 18: Departure to your destination.
per adult from
What's included :
- Airport pickup and drop in a private vehicle.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in B/B basis.
- Tea house accommodation during the trek.
- Three times meal in the trek.
- All the transportation as per the itinerary.
- A professional guide for trek and sightseeing.
- Porter service(2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- All necessary documents(Permits and TIMS including special permits).
- Two way flight : Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara.
- All government and local taxes.
What's excluded :
- Visa for Nepal.
- International flight to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Travel and rescue insurance of clients.
- Personal expenses: Hot shower,battery charge during trek, bar bills, laundry and mineral water.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in exception of itinerary.
- Entrance fees in Monastery, museum and Temples.
- Tips for guide, driver and porters.
Upper Mustang Trek takes you to the beautiful Buddhist Kingdom of Mustang that is still being explored. Trekkers will encounter highly preserved Tibetan influenced Buddhist culture and pristine nature away from the effects of modernization. Upper Mustang Trek lets you explore the enigmatic and charismatic land located in remote Dhaulagiri. Trekking to Upper Mustang provides an amazing experience that is worth every penny and hassle. You would be discovering the archaic lifestyle of people, renowned monasteries, caves, antique architectures, smooth hills, meadows during this trek. The hills of the Upper Mustang region are bald which is different from what you will witness from almost every other trek in Nepal. The views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri are other enticing factors that drag many adventures across the globe to this unique trek in Nepal. Mustang located in the rain shade of Dhaulagiri, comprises barren landscapes, white painted houses, Chhortens, prayer flags, monasteries etcetera. One of the prime attractions of Upper Mustang Trek is Lo Manthang. You will feel like you just stepped in a different world while entering Lo Manthang through the town gate.
• Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
• Pokhara, Pokhara, Gandaki Zone, Western Region
• Jomsom, Jomsom, Dhaulagiri Zone, Western Region
• Kagbeni, Kagbeni, Dhaulagiri Zone, Western Region
• Ghami, Ghami, Western Region
• Lomanthang, Lomanthang, Mustang Region, Dhaulagiri Zone, Western Region
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Ring Rd, काठमाडौँ 44600, Nepal
- Tribhuvan International airport, Sinamangal, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :5:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Detail Itinerary:
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu Our team members here at Himalayan Holyland Treks and Expeditions will pick you up from your location at Kathmandu be it Tribhuvan International Airport or any other complied location. You will be escorted to the hotel and given briefs about the whole program as we collect the documents for TIMS and permits. You would be staying the night in a hotel after having a welcome dinner.
- Day 02: Visit Landmarks of Kathmandu/Preparation for Trek. We will prepare the permits and take and visit the Tourist Hub in Kathmandu and other attractions like Kathmandu Durbar Square. We will return back to the hotel. One of the members of Himalayan Holyland Treks and Expeditions will give you a detailed briefing about the trek in the evening. You will spend the night along in the hotel just like other trekking members.
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara via tourist bus: 7-hour drive We will go to Pokhara via Tourist bus. The 7-hour long drive will encompass the diversified nature and geography of Nepal. We will travel to Pokhara enjoying the scenes outside the bus window. After resting our stuff , we will go to the lakeside and enjoy boating sightseeing before arriving at the hotel for the night.
- Day 04: Flight to Jomsom (2720m) from Pokhara & trek to Kagbeni: 20-minute flight plus 3-hour trek We will fly to Jomsom located at height of 2720 meters from Pokhara after having breakfast. After a 20 minutes scenic flight, we will trek to Kagbeni for 3 hours. We will trek along the Kali Gandaki river edge where we can explore Fossils and Shaligram. We will stay the night in a guest house or tea house in Kagbeni.
- Day 05: Trek from Kagbeni to Chele (3100m): Approx. 5 hours. There is an entry point for Upper Mustang at the end of Kagbeni village. We begin trekking and take a break at Chhusang for Lunch. We trek for about 5 hours before finally reaching the destination of the fourth day of Upper Mustang Trek. We will see the gorgeous landscape of this arena as we cross the river just before arriving Chele at 3100 meters of altitude. We will spend the night in Chele
- Day 06: Trek from Chele to Syangboche (3800m): Approx. 6 hours. Following a very steep trail we will arrive at Samar after 3 hours of trek. The views from up here are quite amazing. We will have lunch in Samar relishing the stunning views of Mount Annapurna and Nilgiri. After lunch, we proceed trekking for the next 3 hours to reach Syangboche (3800 meters). We will stay the night in Syangboche village.
- Day 07: Trek from Syangboche to Ghami (3510m): About 4-5hours. We will walk along the uneven terrain for about 5 hours during the fifth day of the trek. After we pass Nyi La (4020 meters). We trek further to reach Ghami (3510 meters). We will see Mt. Annapurna and Nilgiri range from the trekking trails leading us to Ghami. Things to explore on Ghami are- long Mani wall and monastery. We will spend the night at guesthouse or teahouse in Ghami.
- Day 08: Trek from Ghami to Tsarang (3560m): 5hours. we trek to Tsarang from Ghami via Dhakmar. We will pass this village to encounter Muila Bhanjyang Pass (4170 meters). Continuing our trail, we head towards Ghami. One of the landmarks to grace you trek is Ghar Gumba at the height of 3920 meters. Ghar Gumba monastery is one among oldest monasteries in the region. We can see several scriptures. Our trail takes us through Tsarang river. We will stay the night in Tsarang region guesthouse or tea house.
- Day 09: Trek from Tsarang to Lo -Manthang (3840m): 5hours. We will trek for 5 hours on the ninth day of the trek. We will trek uphill and downhill passing the beautiful chorten called Sungda. Continuing our trek, We will arrive at Lo La (3960 meters), we will view Lo-Manthan village clearly from Lo La pass. We will continue the trek to arrive at Lo Manthang where we will rest the night.
- Day 10: Explore Lo-Manthang/Acclimatization day We will explore Lo- Manthang and the famous monasteries in this region. We will encounter the uninfluenced culture of locals here. We will have local cuisines and meet the people. We will spend the day in a guest house, or home stay in Lo- Manthang.
- Day 11: Lo- Manthang to Yara (3671m): Approx. 6.5 hours We trek down to arrive at Yara after having lunch break ay Dhigaun. We have to walk uphill as well as downhill this day of the trek for about 7 hours.
- Day 12: Yara to Tangge (3240m): Approx. 6hours. Enjoying the gorgeous landscape, capturing the stunning environment in out heart and camera, we will walk down to arrive at Tangee where we will spend the night.
- Day 13: Hike down from Tangge to Chhusang (2980m): Approx. 6 hours. Passing Paha Pass at 4218 meters, we walk down to Chhusang where we will spend our night.
- Day 14: Trek from Chhusang to Ekle Bhatti (2740m) Walking alongside Kali Gandaki river, we pass Tangbe village decorated with black chortens along with red ones and white ones. We will have lunch at Kagbeni then continue our trek for the next 45 minutes to arrive at Ekle Bhatti. We will stay overnight in a guesthouse in Ekle Bhatti.
- Day 15: Walk from Ekle Bhatti to Jomsom (2720m): Approx. 3 hours. Enjoying the beauty of Jomsom valley between mountains, we arrive at the hotel in Jomsom. We will walk around the village and visit the small Museum located in this region called as Musatang EcoMuseum. We will stay the night at the hotel in Jomsom.
- Day 16: Jomsom to Pokhara flight: About 20 minutes With a short 20-minute scenic flight, we arrive at Pokhara. We will explore Pokhara after having lunch and stay the night in a hotel.
- Day 17: Drive to Kathmandu via Tourist bus Day 17 of our trek, we will drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu via tourist bus enjoying the landscapes and views from the window. We arrive at the hotel and get refreshed. We have a farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant and we transfer you back to the hotel for overnight stay.
- Day 18: Departure to your destination. Last day of our trek we will bid goodbye and leave for our destination.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.