Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang trek offers a spectacular trekking experience in the remote trans-Himalayan mountain region of Nepal. The 17-day trip begins in Kathmandu with tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Then we drive to Pokhara and fly to Jomsom the next day and begin trekking. Upper Mustang is also known as the Last Forbidden Kingdom because it wasn’t until the 1990s that tourists were allowed to enter the region. While trekking in the Upper Mustang region of Nepal, we can admire the uniqueness of tree-less landscape, rocky trails and views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and other Himalayas. Upper Mustang Trek is a moderate trek suitable for passionate walkers who have the ability to walk at least five hours a day with a light rucksack. In some days we might even need to walk for longer hours.
per adult from
1 to 15 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
- Porter service
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Himalayan Glacier’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, etc.
- During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the teahouse or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu and Pokhara. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft)
After landing at the Tribhuwan International Airport.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (827m/2689ft): 5-6 hours
Day 03: Fly to Jomsom (2,700m/8898ft) and trek to Kagbeni (2,810m/9,216ft): 3-4 hours trek
Day 04: Kagbeni to Chele (3,050m/10,004ft): 5-6 hours
Day 05: Chele to Syanbochen (3,475m/11,398ft): 6-7 hours
Day 06: Syanbochen to: Drakmar (3,520m/11,546ft): 5-6 hours
Day 07: : Drakmar to Lo-Manthang (3,620m/11,873ft): 5-6 hours
Day 08: Explore Lo Manthang/ Acclimatization
Day 09: Lo-Mangthang to Gami (3810 m/12,500ft): 6-7 hours
Day 10: Gami to Syanbochen (3,806m/12,484ft): 5-6 hours
Day 11: Ghiling to Chhuksang (3050m/10,004ft): 5-6 hours
Day 12: Chhuksang to Jomsom (2,700/8,856ft): 6-7 hours
Day 13: Fly back to Pokhara
Day 14: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 15: Final departure
Departure Point :Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition Pvt.LtdThamel,Kathmandu
Departure Time :Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (827m/2689ft): 5-6 hours
We have breakfast then leave for Pokhara, also known as The Lake City owing to the large number of lakes in the city. Upon our arrival in Pokhara, we are rewarded with magnificent views of the Himalayas including Dhaulagiri (8,167m/26,794ft), Manaslu (8,156m/26,759ft), Machhapuchhre (6,993m/22,943ft), the five peaks of Annapurna and others. We then check-in to our hotel and take a rest. We enjoy boating in the Fewa Lake and stroll in the city’s quaint streets. Overnight in Pokhara.
Return Detail :Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
After breakfast, we say goodbye to the beautiful northern skyline of Pokhara and drive towards Kathmandu. This will be a journey along river banks with wonderful views of terraced hills and the rural Nepalese lifestyle. After reaching Kathmandu, we take a rest or do some souvenir shopping. To celebrate the successful completion of our journey, we will have a farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Trip Introduction
- Upper Mustang trek offers a spectacular trekking experience in the remote trans-Himalayan mountain region of Nepal. The 17-day trip begins in Kathmandu with tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Then we drive to Pokhara and fly to Jomsom the next day and begin trekking. Upper Mustang is also known as the Last Forbidden Kingdom because it wasn’t until the 1990s that tourists were allowed to enter the region. While trekking in the Upper Mustang region of Nepal, we can admire the uniqueness of tree-less landscape, rocky trails and views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and other Himalayas.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.