Upper Nenana Scenic Wilderness
Spectacular Denali scenery, combined with Class II/III beginning level whitewater rafting on an 11 mile scenic section. This is a beautiful, mellow trip on a big, glacier fed river. Our guests consistently refer to the trip as serene and solitary. Because the trip goes through prime wildlife habitat, it is not unusual for our guests to see wildlife. We take kids as young as 5 years old. No paddling; the guide does all the work. Trip typically runs 3-4 hours with 3 different time options.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Professional River Guide
- All necessary safety equipment - Dry Suits, Personal Floatation Device (PFD), & river booties.
What's excluded :
- Photos and Video are available for purchase after the trip.
- Nenana Raft Adventures is located at beautiful Denali National Park, Alaska. Flowing north through the heart of the Alaska Range, the Nenana River is the most popular whitewater river in Alaska. Enjoy this raft trip suitable for even families and children. Mankind has yet to come up with a more comfortable or less strenuous method of low impact wilderness travel.
• Float an 11 mile scenic section of the Upper Nenena River
• Possible Wildlife spotting - Grizzly bears, moose, caribou or dall sheep
• Class II and III whitewater
• Guide controls the boat with oars. You don't have to do any of the work!
• Family Friendly - Suitable for kids 5 years and older.
• Tour Time Options: 8 am, 2 pm, and 6 pm check-in times
• Tour lasts about 3-4 hours start to finish
Departure Point :Denali National Park and Preserve, Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Minimum age of 5 years old
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Everyone must sign a participant agreement, release, and acknowledgement of risk form.
- What to Wear:
- You should dress for the weather. Remember to wear long pants, long sleeves, at least 2 layers on the top, and socks.
- Bring an extra pair of socks with you when you check in. When you take off your shoes to get dressed into your drysuit, you can put the extra pair of socks into your shoes, which will meet you at the end of the trip.
- Remember, also, that everything you wear will go inside the drysuit, so it’s best not to wear a top layer that has a hood because hoods can be uncomfortable inside the drysuit. If it’s chilly, you may want to bring a hat. We launch our trips rain or shine; in fact, there’s nothing better to do at the Park when it’s raining than go rafting.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.