Upper Reach Winery: Swan Valley Winery and Vineyard Tour
Get a feeling for the people, the place and the processes that create our fabulous wines as we take you on a wine tasting experience...
Come and see why Upper Reach is the 'must-visit' Cellar Door in the Swan Valley. Upper Reach is set in the most beautiful spot on the upper reaches of the Swan River. Stroll the vineyard trail, it’ll take you through the vineyard and along the banks of the Swan River.
Take a guided tour of the vineyard and working winery tasting our award winning wines as you go. Learn all about the wine making process.
Sample wines from barrel or tank just like the winemaker.
WINERY TOUR AWARDS:
Gourmet Traveller: Wine | Best Additional Experience Swan Valley 2018
Lux Magazine: Food & Wine Awards | Best Wine Tasting Experience 2018 Perth
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Local taxes
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Wine tasting
- Tour escort/host
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Meet at cellar door at for an 10:30 am start. Sparkling on arrival and a guided wander down to the vineyard. Learn about the Swan Valley as a wine region, and the grape varieties that make the Swan Valley special.
We then go up to the cellar door, refill our glasses with some of our white wines as we continue on through to the working winery. Learn about the wine making process, view the equipment and walk the catwalk above the wine tanks for a birds eye view. There might even be some wines to try directly from tank.
There are plenty of opportunities along the way for some great photos.
We then move on to red wines as we discuss the role of oak barrels in the barrel room. This tour is taken by the people that grow the grapes and make the wine, so its the perfect time to get all of your wine questions answered (no matter how novice) You will leave with a good "grape to glass" understanding of how wine is made.
Finish up with a tasting of our Tawny and Muscat dessert wines at Cellar Door and some shopping. The cellar door is full of locally made produce, honey, truffles and preserves which are the perfect gift.
This is a walking tour, sensible foot ware required (no high heel shoes) and in winter the winery gets very cold, so a warm jacket recommended.
Departure Point :77 Memorial Ave, Baskerville WA 6056, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are working within all state government regulations for COVID-19 health & Saftey. A few changes may be made on your experience to manage these regulations and keep everyone safe, whilst still maintaining a fun educational experience for all.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.