Upper Tenorio River White-Water Rafting Tour with Lunch
If you’re ready for a huge adventure, then test your courage on the rollicking rapids of the Upper Tenorio River in Guanacaste. Plenty of excitement awaits you as you plunge through twists, turns and drops down 8 miles of intense, challenging rapids. The Tenorio River has everything a rafter desires, including a one-of-a-kind Class V 12-foot drop! For rafters, this is a must-run river.
The Guanacaste region features a distinctive dry tropical climate and remains largely undiscovered by most visitors. Yet it offers stunning natural treasures—including seven national parks and three wildlife reserves that make this region a magical place to enjoy the wildlife and scenery of the Tenorio.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfers from and to the Rincon Corobicí Restaurant in Cañas.
- Lunch at Rincon Corobicí Restaurant and water and snack during tour.
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Additional transportation available from Papagayo and Tamarindo area for an extra fee, minimun 4 people.
- We will meet at the Rincon Corobicí Restaurant in Cañas. Please be punctual so we can fit in all the fun on this one-day tour. From here, we’ll hit the road and go to the river put-in, located a half hour from the restaurant. Your guide team will have the safety equipment ready (life jackets, helmets and paddles) for you, along with a river safety orientation.
The trip on the river lasts about 2 ½ hours and includes a snack at the end: fresh fruits, cookies, natural beverages and water will be served.
After the snack, we have a 55-minute drive to get to the Rincon Corobicí Restaurant, where you will have a delicious hot lunch waiting.
Departure Point :Province of Guanacaste, Province of Guanacaste
Traveler pickup is offered
Zone 1: Playa Hermosa, Playa del Coco y Papagayo area.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- CANCELLATION POLICIES: • Any change or cancellation must be made before 4:00pm the day before service date. • No refunds for NO SHOWS. If circumstances beyond our control (bad weather, natural disasters, road closures, etc). we reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations and to make partial refunds. "Rios Tropicales, S.A. will not be responsible for additional costs incurred by the client due to various climatic conditions, such as but not limited to: earthquakes, floods, epidemics, fires, or accidents, condition of roads, cancellations of external transportation, or any other cause attributed to unforeseeable circumstances or Force Majeure that may interrupt or delay a booked trip."
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.