Urban Tour of the Outer viii district Budapest
Outer 8th district tour
-See the faded beauty of Keleti Train station and learn about its famous past.
- View the bullet holes which cover the buildings which are remnants of the 1956 uprising.
-Head down to the cemetery where you can learn more about famous persons and events from Hungary's past.
-Wander the gardens of Teleki Laszlo Ter and see the statue dedicated to this famous Hungarian
-Examine the fate of the House of Fate Museum which never opened.
- Hear about the Hungarian Jews and Gypsy's who inhabited this district.
-Learn about the meaning of the Orczy Ter Cross.
-Visit the infamous Chinese market. which is the largest wholesale market in ECE and explore its gloomy past.
This tour is very suitable for those interested in migration or architectural history.
*All free walking tours are tip-based. Tip the guides as little or as much as you like depending on the experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Certified guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fiumei Road Cemetery, Fiumei ut 16-18., Budapest 1086 Hungary
Undestand the history of this former Communist Cemetry.
Learn about local death customs
See the beautiful tombs and architecture that make up this outdoor museum.
Climb to the top of Kossuths tomb who was the governor of Hungary during the revolution for the best views of the 8th district.
Find out about the fate of the martyred prime minister Batthany.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Természet Fitotéka Kkt., Budapest, Teleki László tér 3, 1086 Hungary
See the refurbished Laszlo ter, learn about the history of the carbon market that was located here and why it is named after the famous Hungarian writer.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Budapest-Keleti, Kerepesi Ut 2-4, Budapest 1087 Hungary
Learn about the history of the train station and the surrounding area, see the arrivals hall of princes Sisi.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kínai Piac (China Market), Budapest, 23, Kőbányai út 19, 1087 Hungary
Józsefváros market also known as four tigers market is located in a old industrial estate and is one of the largest wholesale markets.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Keleti pályaudvar, Budapest, 1087 Hungary
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Must be able to walk 4kms in 2.5 hours.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Please do not attend this tour if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who has flu like illness.
- You maybe required to wear a mask as we travel through crowded areas. Please bring a mask with you.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- This tour is 80% outdoors. When we are indoors guides and guests are required to wear a mask. We ask guests and guides to stay 1.5meters apart as much as possible. Please do not attend the tour if you are feeling unwell. Staff meetings are online to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.