Ushuaia Double Decker Bus Tour
See top attractions in Ushuaia on a 1-hour sightseeing tour aboard a London-style double-decker bus. Become acquainted with this charming Patagonian town, located on the coast of the Beagle Channel at the southernmost tip of Argentina’s Tierra del Fuego. Observe old homes and government buildings on your way to Le Martial Glacier and pass the old prison, lighthouse and several museums on your return. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 20 people.
per adult from
1 hour 10 minutes
What's included :
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Luis Pedro Fique, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Surrounded by Le Martial mountains in Patagonia, Ushuaia offers a glimpse of sea, mountains and forest at the ‘end of the world.’ Aboard your double-decker bus, depart from Maipu Avenue in Ushuaia’s city center, heading toward the Luis Pedro Fique footbridge.
Cross a narrow pass that ends at La Mission neighborhood, an area settled by Europeans at the beginning of the 20th century, and drive through districts like Brown and Solier for a glimpse of homes built by Ushuaia’s first immigrants. Hear entertaining onboard commentary about these original Fuegan families – including Bebans, Pastorizas, Cangas, Fiques, Salomons and Ramos – and observe the Patagonian town’s commercial growth since the arrival of new settlers during the 1980s.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Paseo del Centenario, Av. San Martin y Gdor. Felix Paz, Ushuaia Argentina
Enter the naval base, a restricted area where the first public buildings like the provincial legislature and old government's house were constructed. From Gobernador Paz Street, your coach will drive to Paseo del Centenario, a panoramic point with great photo ops of the mountain chains and islands across the Beagle Channel, which is the jumping off point for Antarctica. Then, head back down to sea level to see the vessel of St Christopher and hear his story from your guide.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Glaciar Martial, Argentina
The Ushuaia coach tour includes a transfer to the base of the chairlift to Martial Glacier, where you can stretch your legs and view the gorgeous landscape.
Pass By: Museo del Fin del Mundo, Av. Maipu 173 Ridavia, Ushuaia V9410BJC Argentina
Located at 173 Maipú Street in the city of Ushuaia, the birth of the End of the World Museum has a profound social and cultural content, based on the search for the roots that represent the past.
It has information rooms about the prison and the origins of the city, ethnic groups, ships sunk in the fuegian coasts and gold prospectors in the north of the island, in addition to a sample of most of the species that make up the local avifauna.
You can end the tour at this stop.
Pass By: Museo Maritimo y del Presidio de Ushuaia, Yaganes Gobernador Paz, Ushuaia 9410 Argentina
The building of the old prison of Ushuaia is now part of an important museum complex that contains the Maritime Museum, the Presidio Museum, the Antarctic Museum and the Marine Art Museum.
You can end the tour at this stop.
Departure Point :Civic Plaza Ushuaia, Av. Maipú 420-498, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Season: from October to April
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance, in case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.