Valle De Los Volcanes (valley Of Volcanos) - 4 Days
On this off the beaten path tour of Southern Peru journey from Arequipa along the Andes Mountains to the best kept secret in the other side of the Colca Canyon: Valle de los Volcanes. At Valle de los Volcanes, visit the quaint village of Andagua and stay in a local guesthouse to experience the REAL Peru with a local family and exploring the unbelievable landscape including 86 extinct volcanoes of all sizes. Hike to an awe-inspiring, secret waterfall and an ancient city of stone. Learn about Inca agricultural practices by hiking to the “twin” volcanoes past the vast, lush fields still in use today. Finally, visit the oasis known as Laguna Mamacocha with its elusive otter and pristine views.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
DAY 1- AREQUIPA TO ANDAGUA
Start this once in a lifetime expedition with a morning drive out of Arequipa towards the Pacific coast. Drive past lush agricultural fields that resemble oasis in the middle of the desert, making short stops to taste the fresh, local produce.
Continue your drive headed for the heights of the Andes mountains. En route you will visit the Toro Muerto Petroglyphs and dinosaur tracks park.
In the afternoon, continue your drive up as far as a 4800m pass at the base of majestic Mt. Coropuna. Coropuna is a giant snow-capped stratovolcano part of the Andes range at 6425m.Weather permitting, there will be several viewpoint stops to admire the awe-inspiring Andean scenery.
In the evening, we will arrive in the town of Andagua, perched in a fertile valley just below the surrounding mountains and more than 86 extinct volcanoes which will serve as the base for our explorations the following days.
Local family guesthouse (homestay) with private room but shared bathroom
Today’s driving time is approximately 10 hours including all stops mentioned in the itinerary
DAY 2 - VOLCANOES, HIKING & WATERFALLS
Imagine waking up to the sounds of authentic countryside, animals, fresh air and the pleasant sun. This is totally possible this morning. Andagua is a quaint, traditional southern Peruvian village to which very few travelers ever venture to (compared to the hordes in Cuzco/Machu Picchu). You will feel like you have come to a ‘real’ Peruvian village to experience the ‘real’ Peru.
Departure Point :Centrally located Arequipa hotels
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.