Valley of the Thracian Kings, Hidden Treasures
During this day tour you will have the chance to learn more about the mysterious Thracians, best known for the mythical hero Orpheus (ancient musician and thinker), Spartacus (Roman slave and gladiator, and leader of the famous slave revolt), as well as for the oldest golden treasure in the world. We will visit 5 of the masterpieces of the Thracian burial architecture, one of which UNESCO site, as well as the History Museum in Kazanlak. During our day of Thracian heritage exploration, we will have the chance to admire the picturesque landscape, which obviously was highly valued by the Thracians as well.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Thracian Tomb of Kazanlak
- Entry/Admission - Iskra Historical Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thracian Tomb of Kazanlak, General Radetski St. Parc Tubelto, Kazanlak 6100 Bulgaria
The region of the Valley of the Thracian Kings, also known as the Valley of the roses (center for the production of rose oil) was preferred burial ground for the Thracian nobility. This practice bequeathed us about 1,300 tumuli, from which approximately 300 are excavated. The most famous one is the Thracian tomb of Kazanlak, recognized as a masterpiece of the Thracian artwork. The tomb dates from the end of the 4th century BC and due to its well preserved and original frescoes it has been listed as UNESCO world heritage site. In our itinerary, we are planning to visit 4 more Thracian toms which are very different from each other and will fulfill the picture of this amazing ancient civilization. Grifoni tomb dates from 5th century BC. It consists of three chambers and one corridor. Many valuable artifacts – works of art were found at the site. It’s one of the richest Thracian burials found till now. The last stop will be the Ostrusha tomb, which dates from the 4th century. It’s mainly famous for its unique ceiling- a combination of relief and fine decoration - different portraits, colorful figures, and floral ornaments.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Iskra Historical Museum, P. R. Slaveykov 8, Kazanlak 6100 Bulgaria
When we finish with the toms, our final visit will be the Regional archaeological museum where we will see the artifacts from the tombs and some masterpieces of the Thracian art and material culture. After this visit, we will have 2 and a half hours of a beautiful drive back to Sofia.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all of our clients from any point in Sofia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.