Valpolicella Day Trip from Venice: Wine Tasting and Verona
Spend a day in Veneto’s glorious Valpolicella region, and discover its history, wine and the romantic city of Verona. Led by a friendly driver-guide, the tour visits the Church of San Giorgio with its intriguing 8th-century altar as well as a winery nestled into the Valpolicella valley. Learn about the region’s winemaking heritage, sample a selection of robust amarone wine, and then enjoy three hours of free time in Verona, the city that inspired William Shakespeare’s 'Romeo and Juliet.'
Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a driver-guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- English speaking driver
- Guided wine tasting
- 3 Hours free time in Verona
- Transfer from Venice and return
- Entry/Admission - Villa Serego Alighieri
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to Verona attractions
- Lunch in Verona
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Soave, Soave, Province of Verona, Veneto
On the way we have a short stop in the medieval town of Soave famous for its wine its castle and breathtaking views over the vineyards, we then continue our journey through the Valpolicella region.
Pass along country roads fringed by olive groves and vineyards, and then stop at a local estate and visit the winery for a tour and wine tasting.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Villa Serego Alighieri, Via Stazione Vecchia, 472, 37015, Sant'Ambrogio di Valpolicella Italy
Explore the vineyard and learn about the prestigious Amarone wine that’s produced in the region.
Translating as ‘the great bitter,’ Amarone is a rich and dry red wine that’s made from partially dried Valpolicella grapes.
Sample a selection of the estate’s wine, and perhaps purchase a bottle to take home, if you wish.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Verona, Verona, Province of Verona, Veneto
Continue from the rural countryside to the town of Verona, the historical home of the world’s best-known love story: Romeo and Juliet.
Enjoy roughly three hours of free time to explore the city independently.
Ask your driver-guide for a cafe recommendation for lunch (own expense), shop ‘til you drop at Piazza delle Erbe or pay a visit to Juliet’s House to see the balcony that inspired Shakespeare.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Rio Terà Sant'Andrea, 460, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats are available on request, please specify at time of booking
- Children pay as an adult because they have their own seat in the minivan
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.