Valtellina Food Tour : Lake Como and Mountains discover - Private tour
Valtellina tour is a journey in the magic world of the mountains. Surrounded by Rethian and Orobic Alps, Valtellina is an east-west oriented valley in which culture, as evidenced by its ancient palaces and churches, nature, with its beautiful valleys and mountains, and fine typical italian alpine food and wine create a quaint and relaxed scenario that gifts its best through a glass of Nebbiolo. Valtellina deserves some days but a full day tour is enough to fall in love. Meet your guide and private driver in Milan. You will reach the Valtellina territory in one hour and half. Your Guide will escort you through its beauties and you will reach a Valtellina with a typical menu; in the afternoon you will visit the Como Lake with a nice stroll in Varenna. Discover and Live Valtellina and Como Lake with us.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Tour escort/host
What's excluded :
- Pick up directly from your hotel ( can be organized)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valtelline Valley, Valtelline Valley, Province of Sondrio, Lombardy
Valtellina is located north of Lake Como and it’s the only longitudinal valley of the Italian Alps. On the Retic side of the Adda river wine has been grown up since century, stealing land to the mountains and constructing the widest terraced area in Europe. The grapevine extension is 950 hectares and goes from 300 to 900 meters above sea level. Still nowadays the harvest is done by hand and the wine obtained is the product of great sacrifices and love for this difficult terroir.
Wines are paired with local cheese and famous Bresaola, a dried beef which is the speciality of the region together with Pizzocheri, a kind of home made Tagliatelle made with black corn and alps cheese and dressed with mountain butter and garlic
Your private driver will pick you up directly at your hotel and drive you in total comfort throughout the day. Departure is from Milan but it is possible to organize a transfer from Como Lake.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Varenna, Varenna, Lake Como, Lombardy
You will visit the Valtellina with its famous cheese called Bitto and the Bitto valley comes from the Western Orobic valleys and it’s unique production has been possible thanks to the particular environmental, natural, political and cultural factors. In the territory comprising the Parco delle Orobie Valtellinesi, there is an area of mountain pastures with just the right sunlight, humidity and temperature for an economy of farming and cheesemaking that has been flourishing since the Medieval period.
You will visit and taste this Bitto Cheese and will enjoy traditional dishes of the area, which include polenta taragna and pizzocheri. A great red wine Rosso di Valtellina will be served with lunch.
After lunch and free time your driver will take you to Como Lake for a nice stroll in Varenna through the narrow streets of this fascinating village. Enjoy your short tour and be back to Milan in the evening.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Malpensa Airport, 21010 Ferno Italy
- Milan Linate Airport, Viale Enrico Forlanini, 20090 Segrate MI, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.