Van Tour Nordeste
The tour takes us to discover the most geographically rugged and remote area of São Miguel Island. Following by the southern coast, we'll arrive to the village of Povoação, where we will stop to taste the famous "Fofas da Povoação" (local pastry). Then, our tour continues to the most flowery municipality of São Miguel Island, Nordeste. We will have the opportunity to enjoy the landscapes led by viewpoints of Ponta do Sossego and Ponta da Madrugada overlooking the coast of the villages. We will admire the ancient water mills of the Ribeira dos Caldeirões Park, where for decades the cereals of the surrounding parishes where grinded. The tour also includes passage in Gorreana Tea factory, one of the few existing in Europe and the oldest of our island, with a taste of the different teas produced there. The return to Ponta Delgada is made by north Coast, from which one can admire the way the sea and the winds of the North quadrant shaped the northern hillsides.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Povoacao, Povoacao, Sao Miguel, Azores
In this small village you will be able to try one of out traditional bakeries "Fofas", covered in chocolat with a stuffing of cream, it's something you wouldn't want to miss.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Miradouro da Ponta do Sossego, En1-1a, Nordeste, Sao Miguel 9681 Portugal
"Miradouro da Ponta do Sossego", one of the most beautiful points of view in Nordeste, this point of view, offers an stunning view of our coast.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Miradouro da Ponta da Madrugada, En1-1a, Nordeste, Sao Miguel Portugal
"Miradouro da Ponta da Madrugada", after visiting "Miradouro da Ponta do Sossego", you will have the opportunity to visit another majestic view, situated on top of a cliff this viewpoint provides a clash between nature and the sea.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeiroes, Achadinha 9630 da Achada, Sao Miguel 9630-024 Portugal
If you enjoy a beautiful and stunning flora, this is the right place for you. "Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões" has a water stream, accompanied by large amounts of flora, a gorgeous waterfall and rustic water mills.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plantacoes de Cha Gorreana, Sao Miguel 9625-304 Portugal
Do you enjoy traditional tea? Then this is the right place for you.
"Plantações Chá da Gorreana", offers you an explanation on how you can generate three types of tea from the same leaf! You can also taste the tea, buy something to eat from their bar, and even take some of the most flavourful tea back with you.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Full information here: shorturl.at/cnx49
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.