Vancouver Day Kayak Journey
We value the richness of traveling through our environment self propelled. Wild Root Journeys offers guides with experience and heart. We are certified through the Sea Kayak Guide Alliance of BC, with ongoing first aid and skills training. This fjord is an oasis of nature so close to Vancouver that makes you just feel away from it all for the day. Come and recharge and take in the city from a totally new vantage and lets see what and who will reveal itself. We often come across many species of sea stars, the curious seal, eagles, herons and the more rare Orca whale.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kayak and Safety Gear
- Drybag to store camera and clothing
- Paddle Jacket
- Back pillows for extra support
- SKABC certified guide
What's excluded :
- Water Bottle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Deep Cove, Deep Cove, British Columbia
Paddling this beautiful fjord is a natural gem for anyone wanting to get into nature without having to travel far. Glaciers carved this fjord, leaving behind the steep coastal mountains that tower over us today. This trip starts at Cates Park in North Vancouver, and heads to Belcarra Park and Jug Island just across from the community of Deep Cove. Kayak legend and author George Dyson, who helped to inspire recreational sea kayaking, made his home along this very stretch of the Burrard Inlet in the 1970s. The tree fort that Dyson called home can still be seen from the water today. A gourmet lunch including seasonal and local ingredients with hot and cold drinks will be provided.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :4131 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver, BC V7G 1A1, Canada
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.